It's not a lot, but it's enough

Options

Comments

• SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Good morning,

Last night was a veryyyyy relaxed evening, almost too relaxed. I made my dinner; beef, kale and egg bake and then made my lunch for today; salad with peaches wrapped in parma ham and ground pistachios. Afterwards, I done a bit of meditation, read a little bit, messed about on the computer and had an early night. Sleeping for 10.30.

Been to the gym this morning and raring to go for work today. Had a productive day yesterday so hoping to do the same today.

I've no plans for tonight or tomorrow, which worries me as this usually means spontaneous plans with friends which usually costs somewhat. I've a 'friend' that might want to catch up at some point haha.

Work on Sunday. A short shift and should be an fairly informal one but work nonetheless.

Hope everyone has a lovely Friday and weekend :)
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Options
    Interested to read about your ketogenic diet. Are you doing that independently? My daughter wants to try it but was told she would have to be under a dietician. Ketogenic cookies sounds like the diet has treats within it too. Hope you don't mind me asking...
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    No, don't be silly. Ask away.

Yeah I'm doing it on my own. I spent December researching and reading a lot of books on it. The best for me was "Why We Get Fat and What To Do About It" by Gary Taubes. I was completely sold on it after reading it. Or if reading isn't your thing then he done a podcast with Joe Rogan which goes into detail while being very entertaining.

I started researching as I heard a lot of top athletes, in all different sports, were on the ketogenic diet. You can eat as much as you like, just low carbs. So my lunch box is FULL with vegetables, I enjoy cream in my coffee and I have cheese almost everyday.

I feel a lot more energetic throughout the day. I no longer crash and feel either super spiked with energy nor do I feel sleepy after a big meal. I started on the 3rd January and I've had 1 cheat day and I've seen a noticeable difference in my body fat %.

There are TONS of low-carb recipes out there for starters, mains, desserts, snacks, side dishes, drinks etc. So I'm never stuck having the same meals.

I highly recommend it and I've only been on it for 5 weeks.
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Options
    Thank you...I'll look out for a copy of the book. Had no idea that it is popular with athletes. Will go and get reading. Thank you
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Good afternoon one and all,

I had a nice weekend.

Friday was a NSD and ended up having a relatively early night.

Saturday was always planned to be spend day. Started off with a brunch with my mates which cost me £9, which I thought was a bit steep for an omelette and a coffee personally. Anyway, from there I went to Aldi and got my shopping in plus filled the car with petrol too. I played as taxi to my parents as they were at a wedding so I pondered around the house for a bit doing bits and bobs.

I was working most of Sunday which meant it too was a NSD. Family were having dinner in a lovely restaurant in Glasgow called Caf! Andaluz, always guaranteed a good meal. My mum picked up the tab as it was for my grans birthday which is actually today, Monday.

So after work today I’ll pick up some flowers and a card and pop by her house on my way home. I’ve been thinking on places to go for an afternoon tea with but I can’t think of anywhere ‘special’ so I’ll see what good deals are on Groupon and make a decision from there.

I’ve not got many plans for the week ahead, so I should hopefully manage quite a few NSD’s – we’ll see.
  • louby40
    louby40 Posts: 1,519 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sounds like a good weekend!
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    It was nice, thank you Louby.

Was was also nice was my grans face yesterday when she opened the door to see me with a bouquet of flowers and a birthday card. She seemed really appreciative of it and complains that I shouldn't be spending money on her, which is bonkers considering what she's done for me the last 12 months.

I told her I wanted to take her out for a nice afternoon tea at some point but she was really against it. So I then said I'd take her to her favourite Chinese restaurant to which she agreed. So I'll go in March at some point I recon.

Today should be a NSD. I'm going to make a low carb coconut cake and I've a sneaky suspicion I'm missing one of the ingredients, if that is the case then I'll need to nip out and get it.
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Morning all,

Well yesterday was NSD, thankfully, as I did have all the ingredients for the cake. Once it was finished, it really looked amazing but it wasn't nice to eat. The cake was to dry and icing texture wasn't too pleasant. Trial and error with this low-carb/ketogenic living. What pains me the most is the waste of money on ingredients.

Don't get me wrong, I'll probably still eat the thing over the next week, but it's not as enjoyable as I'd like.

Football tonight (£3.50) and other than that I've no plans. Might try and get a bit of reading done. I've also got some football to watch for work purposes - honest.

Happy hump day everyone.
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Morning,

Spend day yesterday as planned, £3.50 for football.

I done a stock take before I left and realised I was short in chicken for the remainder of the week so I planned on going after football but forgot. Which means I'll need to go today and ruin my NSD!

No plans for tonight but given my cake failure I think I'll try my hand at low-carb ginger biscuits. Found a recipe that only needs 5 ingredients, so I won't kick myself as much if it falls flat on it's face - again.
  • CP2016
    CP2016 Posts: 105 Forumite
    Options
    If Glasgow is an option then the Willow Tea Rooms are very nice. It's not cheap but it was lovely when I took my Mum. However...

https://peoplemakeglasgow.com/things-to-do/food-drink/afternoon-tea-in-glasgow

or at the other end:

http://edinburgh.org/things-to-do/food-and-drink/afternoon-tea/
    “Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful.”
    Wiliam Morris
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure