Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!!

Options

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,299 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I like the Newcastle accent Lucky. I am fascinated by strong accents as you don't really get them where I live. But then not too far away is the Brummy accent which I love to listen to.

I kept my Barclaycard - just in case. They keep offering me good deals but I stay strong :)

You have done so well to pay off all that debt despite adverse circumstances.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    I can tone the accent right down after years of having to 'talk proper' :Das a Manager, but it amazes me sometimes how broad Geordie I can be with my friends!!

Film was so-so. Was mighty pleased to have checked out both local cinemas online and discovered one was half the price of the other!! Ode0n seem to have a special deal on this weekend!

Clubbercise- torture!!
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Have you signed up to the free experian credit score with Bcard PLMBL? That will tell you if you need it or not. My score is 998 now so I'm sure yours must be good too!! xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Hopefuljoy
    Hopefuljoy Posts: 442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello Lucky. Just popping to see you are getting on this weekend. Hope it's going well for you! Have you decided whether to rent a cottage for a holiday yet or spread it out? My gut feel at the moment is that you very good at spreading treats throughout the year for the family and maybe a whole week for you all to remember would give them a gift of lots of memories .

My best ever family holiday was when my mum decided she was cheesed off staying at home all summer (dad had forgotten to book anything) and one Sunday rang a place in Yorkshire, booked it and got everyone organised to go within one and a half hours!!! It was so exciting. I literally got back from church and got shoved in the car!!! We stayed in Ilkley and had a wonderful time. Dad didn't know what had hit him and I got the bug for being spontaneous!!

Anyhow, I'm sure whatever you decide will be fabulous!! I'm just dreaming on your behalf!!
    With family, friends and pets (or any combination of them) life will be fine!

Emergency fund £2474 post cat wee catastrophe!

Fashion on the Ration 55 coupons available in 2022
  • mary_hinge
    mary_hinge Posts: 1,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    :j Debt free Lucky! That is the best news I have read all year! You have worked so hard and totally deserve this. Lets hope this is the universe way of turnng things around for you.

How are those lovely boys? Ready to go back to school? :rotfl: Superman has been crossing of the days on his calendar and has worn his grumpy face today as he has realised it's back to normal soon :D He is addicted to the Ps4 and sitting in his pants all day :rotfl:

Mrs H x
    Living in a superhero induced haze :A:A
    "You did good Kidda!" :D
  • Verbatim
    Verbatim Posts: 4,830 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I was thinking of you today and wondering how things were. Lively to hear from you and hope Superman is doing well.
    Vx
    CCs @0% £24k Dec 05 £19,621.41 Au £13400 S 12600 Oct £11,981 £9481 £7500 Nov £7250 D £7100 Jan 6950 F £5800 Mar£5400 May £4830 June £4660 July £4460 Aug £3200, S £900, £0 18/9/07 DFW Nerd 042
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Yay!!!! PLMBL Is debt free....and it all happened whilst I was on hols....you star. Thats amazing news!! Well done. :j :j

Did you have a sneaky glass to celebrate? Hope so. You're a long haul wonder.

So..when is the party then?? Seem to remember we said when I got DF that when we are all debt free we are heading north (or east, west or south - delete as appropriate) to have a big night out .... :rotfl:

Xxx
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • mary_hinge
    mary_hinge Posts: 1,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Verbatim wrote: »
    I was thinking of you today and wondering how things were. Lively to hear from you and hope Superman is doing well.
    Vx
    Hey Verbatim How are you? We are all doing well thank you! Superman is totally awesome as always :rotfl: I must get back to writing my diary but can't think of much to write about :o Life in the house of Hinge is now rather dull and uneventful :rotfl:

Mrs H x
    Living in a superhero induced haze :A:A
    "You did good Kidda!" :D
  • Verbatim
    Verbatim Posts: 4,830 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Dull and uneventful sounds good!
    CCs @0% £24k Dec 05 £19,621.41 Au £13400 S 12600 Oct £11,981 £9481 £7500 Nov £7250 D £7100 Jan 6950 F £5800 Mar£5400 May £4830 June £4660 July £4460 Aug £3200, S £900, £0 18/9/07 DFW Nerd 042
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Evening all!! Have deliberately avoided writing in my diary the last couple of days as I've been in a bit of a funk and think I would have just whinged!

So, to focus on just the good stuff;

Sisters Hen Meal was lovely. I really enjoyed being with the girls and had a nice lunch. Sticky toffee pudding may show up on the scales tomorrow :o. Just gutted they wouldn't give me the night off work though and I had to go there instead of on for cocktails.

Joined new gym this morning, paid for by DH's care package thingy.

Can't think of anything else positive!!

Mummy, I wasn't aware I could get my credit score with Bcard. Will look into that thanks.

HJ, I have family in Ilkley! Beautiful place. I love the idea of a surprise holiday!

Mrs H, lovely to 'see' you again! Have caught up on your diary and glad things are (mostly) good.

Brizzle , bring on the party!!!!
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family