Moving from IVA to DRO

Options
Hello all
I have a few questions regarding this. I recently posted looking for advice, and since then have decided having looked at my budget using StepChange that a DRO is 100% the better option for me, and is recommended based on the figures I provided. I do have a question though and hope someone can help.

When assessing your income, they ask to include any overtime that's regular and guaranteed. I would say that for me, 25 hours is the minimum, even though my contract is 19 hours. That would put me on £900 4-weekly, however over the past few months my wages have been great. Overtime has been abundant due to people unexpectedly quitting and not been able to recruit. This has helped massively due to my partner been on SSP for the past 4 months or so when I've had to take over, well, everything. When applying, my current payslip would show after tax a wage of around £1,350 ish. This is not a true reflection on my income generally. I would say my average wage to be just under a grand. It's difficult to provide this information when your income is so erratic. I could literally go from getting £684 one month to £1,400 the next (though that is very rare). How do I provide this figure? Because the wage slips they will want to see are going to look suspicious. I put £1,000 per month as a sort of average (11,970 last year total), having taken last years earnings and dividing them by 12. My income year by year is never vastly different, so I feel this is an accurate figure. Would this be the correct way do you reckon? I would hate to put something like 1,200 and the be dropped back down to contract hours. It happened before, hence the IVA. My P60 this year is going to be higher but again this is due to understaffing and not an increase in my hours or wage. Next year I could go back down to contract and be earning £9,000 for all I know.

Thank you for any help :beer:

Comments

• fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,499 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    It's really something that you have to discuss with the Intermediary who is doing your DRO.

You need to speak to a person rather than just using an online tool.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure