monzo card

Options
Hello, not sure if this is the right forum but im sure some of you guys have used these and can point me where to post if wrong place. I had a revolut account but this seems to now be blocked on my mobile possibly due to it having a custom rom. or out dated security patches which i dont want to upgrade the rom just yet as works for me perfectly (well nearly perfectly). I used the account to pay for some online services, and when on holidays, as its blocked i saw monzo and have heard of it - but im not too sure if it is the same thing or not - can any one advise please?
and if it is the same, how simple is it swapping payment from revolut to monzo - for instance deezer is on the revolut account

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Yes most apps will require an up to date OS and not a jailbroken or otherwise version.
  • t3rm3y
    t3rm3y Posts: 141 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    !!! wrote: »
    Yes most apps will require an up to date OS and not a jailbroken or otherwise version.
    this is somewhat true, a lot of roms are "rooted" (android only knowledge), and banking apps wont allow access if detects root, i have not got a rooted phone as required banking apps, and they have all worked for many years without issues, im hoping revolut gets a fix and continues working, but for now i need to have a alternative for holiday and working abroad etc.
    I tested on my parters Samsung and it shows available in the play store, her security patch is early 2018 too, hers is complete stock, so there must be something else blocking revolut from working.
  • IvanDP
    IvanDP Posts: 231 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    t3rm3y wrote: »
    I had a revolut account but this seems to now be blocked on my mobile possibly due to it having a custom rom. or out dated security patches which i dont want to upgrade the rom just yet as works for me perfectly (well nearly perfectly)

Most, if not all app based banking platforms require an up to date operating system, and the latest version of their app to function correctly.
    I'm afraid if that is the reason Revolut won't work on your phone, I doubt any of the others will either
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Most probably the “custom rom” you are running
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills