ARGOS Coversafe Plevin Refund

Options

Comments

• Ciarahoy
    Options
    I got letter from argos regarding making a new claim. Have sent off reply so waiting to see what happens
    :A
  • Ciarahoy
    Options
    Has anyone any reply from argos yet?
  • Nope not yet
  • patsy80_2
    Options
    Hi
    Thanks so much for your post - we have just received the letter and were slightly confused as we were also denied our PPI pre-2005 as they said it was not mis-sold. Did you just complete the form they attached with the letter and return it to them? Just want to be sure we don't need to seek independent advice about this. Also, did you try and reclaim your PPI again since the new rules? Thanks :)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    patsy80 wrote: »
    did you try and reclaim your PPI again since the new rules? Thanks :)
    Plevin is not an opportunity to re-state your rejected PPI complaint I'm afraid. Since Plevin only applies to rejected complaints, you wasted your time if you complained again.
  • Dee2008
    Options
    I paid over £290 and only yesterday received a check for just over £300.00 it seems mine in far lower that the ladies in the original post. Can anyone shed any light on calculations. I had coversafe from 2001 - 2013 Argos refused it was midsold. I think I’m going to go down the route of a small claims, due to being hospitalised, car accident, fractured limb during the duration but I course I never claimed as I didn’t know I had such cover. The man at Argos told me it was explained over the phone and the adviser ticked the box for me before it was sent in the post for me to sign. How can companies get away with this :(. Can anyone help with the calculations as I cannot find anything on the internet.
  • Ganga
    Ganga Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Dee2008 wrote: »
    I paid over £290 and only yesterday received a check for just over £300.00 it seems mine in far lower that the ladies in the original post. Can anyone shed any light on calculations. I had coversafe from 2001 - 2013 Argos refused it was midsold. I think I’m going to go down the route of a small claims, due to being hospitalised, car accident, fractured limb during the duration but I course I never claimed as I didn’t know I had such cover. The man at Argos told me it was explained over the phone and the adviser ticked the box for me before it was sent in the post for me to sign. How can companies get away with this :(. Can anyone help with the calculations as I cannot find anything on the internet.

Who are you going to take to the small claims court? yourself! you must of known that you had this as you would see it on your statement every month.
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
  • Dee2008
    Options
    Obviously not 🙄 or else I would’ve claimed....Do I pay my house insure for fun NO! stop trolling trying to be smart.
  • Ciarahoy
    Options
    Anyone any joy with replies yet?
  • nope just looking to see if anyone else has my initally 28 days is up today
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts