Sky catch up Vent

Options
I was watching Riviera on Sky Atlantic and noticed all 10 episodes were on catch up so I decided to download them and binge watch it.

All went well until episode 10, the final episode, when I got a message to upgrade my subscription.

You've guessed it, episodes 1 to 9 are in SD and episode 10 is in HD.

My wife isn't very happy having to wait all these weeks to see the conclusion.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
over 73 but not over the hill.

Comments

• photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Life sucks !
  • r2015
    r2015 Posts: 1,136 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Problem solved, I signed up to a 14 day free trial of now TV, now to binge watch everything.
    over 73 but not over the hill.
  • pimento
    pimento Posts: 6,242 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks for the head's up. I had planned to watch this as well but I won't bother now and might wait until they're all available in SD.

I find that Sky tell you all the things you can watch but they all cost extra. I already give them way too much a month. Unfortunately, we're not cabled and there are no plans to so Virgin Media isn't an option.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." -- Red Adair
  • barbarawright
    barbarawright Posts: 1,846 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    pimento wrote: »
    Thanks for the head's up. I had planned to watch this as well but I won't bother now and might wait until they're all available in SD.

I find that Sky tell you all the things you can watch but they all cost extra. I already give them way too much a month. Unfortunately, we're not cabled and there are no plans to so Virgin Media isn't an option.

Now TV is a lot cheaper than Sky and has everything as boxsets
  • sillygoose
    sillygoose Posts: 4,794 Forumite
    Options
    That's naughty!

now I see why they are always pushing box sets and binge watching! get you hooked and force an upgrade if your desperate for the conclusion.

It sort of reminds me of Amazon and its perpetual pushing and trickery of its Prime membership.
    European for 3 weeks in August, the rest of the year only British and proud.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    About time High definition ceased to be only available through an extra premium.
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Options
    What is this Riviera?
  • pimento
    pimento Posts: 6,242 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Now TV is a lot cheaper than Sky and has everything as boxsets

Unfortunately, the other half likes the sport.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." -- Red Adair
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,319 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    r2015 wrote: »
    I was watching Riviera on Sky Atlantic and noticed all 10 episodes were on catch up so I decided to download them and binge watch it.

You've guessed it, episodes 1 to 9 are in SD and episode 10 is in HD
    I am recording all the episodes (SD) prior to starting to watch them. Do you know if there are plans to show the last episode in HD? I will be annoyed if that is the case as I pay for my Sky subscription and expect to be able to watch ALL for which I pay.
  • amfan
    amfan Posts: 108 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    How strange, I watched them all weeks ago in SD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts