IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Pizza Hut+Parking Eye - Retail Park

Options
Eastgate Bristol
My daughter and her friends ( two cars) outstayed their welcome - five hours in a four hour free retail park late at night/early hours. both had tickets and they went back to Pizza Hut where the manager told them not to pay and he would try to get them cancelled,
sadly for them the second ticket arrived for £85 yesterday so the manager hasn't cancelled it.
I am going with my daughter to see him and ask again.
I am not sure if she should also appeal sending in receipts and mentioning the manager has backed her up and tried to cancel?

Comments

• joobs2013
    Options
    Hi
    This happened to me. I just emailed the manager again and told him what had happened and he got straight back onto them and sorted it out. It seems these companies have to be told more than once. I even received a debt collection notice after that as well, and he had to ring a 3rd time. My advice is to email rather than phone/speak, as then you have evidence if needed at a later date.
    Good luck.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes to all of your ideas, you have got the hang of this. Be assertive!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Imadethisnameup
    Imadethisnameup Posts: 5 Forumite
    edited 19 October 2013 at 12:23PM
    Options
    This is not going well. Despite two visits to the Pizza place we have been unable to see the manager though the deputy was very good and he has emailed PE and said the manager would ring I guess he hasnt as today my daughter received the LBCCC.
    I didn't realise it would be too late to get a POPLA code which we were hoping for.
    I think tbh we just wished we had paid up initially as it's all bit worrying ( i started to read the LBCCC before court sticky) and she said she will not go to court.
    We will try to see the manager and I will email them again.
    I'm annoyed she wasn't allowed to appeal as i spent ages attaching her receipt (not good with computers) and writing the appeal and it was all a waste of time and although now I see it says 28 days from initial letter I obviously didn't spot that. :mad:
  • Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Pizza Hut is a national chain, complain to their head office about this. But you may be barking up the wrong tree here, complain to the retail park about this.

And have you appealed to parking eye with copies of receipts ? If you haven't why not ?? Inaction here will lead to court!
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • Imadethisnameup
    Options
    Stroma wrote: »
    Pizza Hut is a national chain, complain to their head office about this. But you may be barking up the wrong tree here, complain to the retail park about this.

And have you appealed to parking eye with copies of receipts ? If you haven't why not ?? Inaction here will lead to court!

I appealed 10 days ago online and attached a portion of my daughter's bank statement clearly showing the amount and deduction from Pizza Hut and the date. i told them the date of emails sent to them by Pizza Hut asking for it to be cancelled.
    I have written back to the Pizza Hut deputy and will visit the manager early next week if necessary. I can also email or write to their head office ( thanks)
    I don't intend to just give up but I feel I am running out of time. I have 14 days before further action ( also going to be late for work today if I don't shift myself:rotfl:)
  • Imadethisnameup
    Options
    This is quite unbelievable but in the last five minutes I had an email (received the LBCCC this morning)
    :beer:

Dear Sir / Madam,

We refer to the Parking Charge incurred on 25 August 2013 at 00:30:03, at Eastgate Retail Park car park.

We can confirm that this Charge has been cancelled and there is no outstanding payment due on this account.

Kind Regards,

ParkingEye Team
  • Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    They have probably clocked this thread as they monitor the forum, and have cancelled this charge. I won't go far as praising them on this, but even they have sense sometimes.

Well done :)
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • zzzLazyDaisy
    zzzLazyDaisy Posts: 12,497 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well done for getting this sorted out :beer:

And credit where credit is due - well done to ParkingEye for responding in a reasonable manner to a genuine customer.

(Hi Rachel, there are a few letters in the pipeline on their way to you with my 'mark' on them. Hopefully you will be just as reasonable with those people too.)

Daisy :A
    I'm a retired employment solicitor. Hopefully some of my comments might be useful, but they are only my opinion and not intended as legal advice.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 19 October 2013 at 6:30PM
    Options
    This is quite unbelievable but in the last five minutes I had an email (received the LBCCC this morning)
    :beer:

Dear Sir / Madam,

We refer to the Parking Charge incurred on 25 August 2013 at 00:30:03, at Eastgate Retail Park car park.

We can confirm that this Charge has been cancelled and there is no outstanding payment due on this account.

Kind Regards,

ParkingEye Team

Well done! :T

I will put this down as a successful complaint with Pizza Hut's help, since the Deputy Manager emailed then to cancel it as well as your appeal coming in with proof of purchase. So I have added it here for posterity!

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4766249

Your success is like this one, also shown on the sticky thread and about Pizza Express:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4730763

That OP said: ''I returned to Pizza Hut and spoke to a very helpful manageress who agreed to cancel the PCN. She seemed quite exasperated by the daily problems they encounter with PE- she told me they cancel 6-10 per day! ''

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Imadethisnameup
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Well done! :T
    '[/I]
    :T

Thanks to everyone for all the work that has gone into this forum and for all the advice. My daughter is well pleased with the result :j.
    Parking Eye have been fair except for giving us heart failure with the LBCCC.:eek:
    Just read the other thread. Hopefully there will be no "expenses" letter.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure