How to report a buyer for false positive feedback

Options
ThinkingOfLinking
ThinkingOfLinking Posts: 11,828 Forumite
First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
Hi all,

Short of going on eBay chat tomorrow, is there a way for me to report a seller's false positive feedback they left me in retaliation for feedback I left them? The feedback they left didn't address the issues raised in the feedback I left and was unprofessional and although I don't care if it's removed or not, I want to at least report the seller as their general attitude is attrocious!

Comments

• TripleH
    TripleH Posts: 3,018 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sorry late in replying. I did an online web chat to report negative feedback but with a positive comment (eBay removed it).

I like the option to comment on feedback. I received neutral feedback once but i could thank the buyer for it. I sold something that was made by the sme company butbin another country with inferior materials (i must add it was a genuine error on my behalf as i went by the information listed on the item itself). I accepted the feedback which was correct but i was able to clarify the position (and in this case agree with the buyer).
    May you find your sister soon Helli.
    Sleep well.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,206 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi all,

Short of going on eBay chat tomorrow, is there a way for me to report a seller's false positive feedback they left me in retaliation for feedback I left them? The feedback they left didn't address the issues raised in the feedback I left and was unprofessional and although I don't care if it's removed or not, I want to at least report the seller as their general attitude is attrocious!

If you phone eBay and explain that it is an abuse of the feedback process , depending on what it says eBay may well remove it. If eBay believe the seller did use a positive to leave a non positive comment then seller gets a seller warning as well.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • ThinkingOfLinking
    Options
    Thank you both. I actually did get the comment removed by eBay and they say they've taken some form of action against the seller.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure