IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Euro Car Parks - PCN Help

Options
Hi, sorry for the noob post. I have read the newbies guide, but my situation feels weird and i'd like some advice.

I just opened a PCN letter from Euro Car Parks for "No valid pay & display/permit was purchased". Turns out this is the second notice as I was away when the first one came in.

The issue is, my gym parking is managed by ECP. The gym offers validation for registered members when you get in you talk to them at the reception and you put in your reg details on some device. So I took this letter to the gym and they emailed me a biometric time stamp which shows i was in the gym at the time the ECP said they are issuing me the ticket for.

I have gone on their website to appeal with this evidence but the upload button doesn't work so I have to send a written letter. Thing is I'm !!!!ed i have to go through this stress and I think that the gym should handle it rather than me paying for postage and going through all this stress.

Should I go back and get angry at them or do appeal, and what should i say to ECP?

it is possible that I may have accidentally written the number plate of my other car as I am not the keeper of this car but I am insured on it

Does anyone have any tips about the next steps I need to take next to resolve this? So far I haven't entered into any correspondence with them.

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    If you have read the newbies FAQ then it makes it clear all situations are the same.

And shows you how to deal with this initially.

You need to address this and cannot rely on the gym! If court action comes it won't be the gym defending it! Hopefully you still have time to appeal with the object of getting a popla code

So go back to the newbies FAQ, See how to deal with the PPC as well as keeping on complaining to the gym
  • mcssbb
    Options
    Quentin wrote: »
    If you have read the newbies FAQ then it makes it clear all situations are the same.

And shows you how to deal with this initially.

You need to address this and cannot rely on the gym! If court action comes it won't be the gym defending it! Hopefully you still have time to appeal with the object of getting a popla code

So go back to the newbies FAQ, See how to deal with the PPC as well as keeping on complaining to the gym

Thank you, I have a few things i'm not sure about , in the FAQ it says i should not name the driver, How do i appeal this if the evidence i have from the gym has the drivers real name.
  • Quentin
    Options
    You shouldn't be naming the driver

The FAQ shows you exactly what to say in your appeal. The idea is to get a popla code!
  • mcssbb
    Options
    I am going to quickly write up a draft and redact all information relating to the driver in the proof I got from the gym, I will leave the gym name on there, will you please have a look at this
  • Quentin
    Options
    There's no need.

Use the blue text appeal in the newbies thread
  • mcssbb
    Options
    Thanks a lot So if I got this correctly, Copy blue worded letter no need to attach the evidence??
  • Quentin
    Options
    Yes. All set out in the newbies faq thread you say you read!

Save the rest for your POPLA appeal
  • mcssbb
    Options
    Thank you, I have sent it in on their appeals page on their website. I will update this thread with any feedback
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure