Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • grayson
    • By grayson 12th Jul 19, 9:42 AM
    • 50Posts
    • 1Thanks
    grayson
    Car declared sorn in our parking area
    • 12th Jul 19, 9:42 AM
    Car declared sorn in our parking area 12th Jul 19 at 9:42 AM
    We live in a cul de sac where the road is tarmac. However, a section comes off the tarmac and is unadopted concrete.

The road has 5 houses built on it and opposite is a parking area which is unadopted. The area is for our 5 houses as the road outside our house is narrow so we are unable to park outside.

When I purchased the house the deed stated the parking area was the responsibility of the 5 House owners.

Now one of our neighbors who lives on a public road has declared his vehicle Sorn and parked it in our parking area. We have asked them politely to remove it. However, they refused. So my question, is there any way we can get it moved legally?

Thanks
Page 4
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th Sep 19, 12:06 AM
    • 76,660 Posts
    • 90,026 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I believe this service could be free of charge
    Does your company offer it 'free' then, and do you consider that scam a 'service'?!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • ihelp
    • By ihelp 16th Sep 19, 12:35 AM
    • 12 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    ihelp
    It certainly is not a scam service. If you read many of the thread on here there have been people taken to court issued with CCJ or made bankrupt.

If you live in a busy area there are some companies that will take on the service free of charge. Alternatively you could opt to issue the ticket yourself and receive commission for doing so if the ticket gets paid . The main aim as I’m sure you will agree is to stop people parking in your spot.

Once the sign has been erected it may take a few week of ticket issuing for people to realise that the sign is serious but is should stop the bulk of unauthorised parking

On a further note if you erect cctv over your parking area directly link to the parking company my understanding is that they could issue electronic tickets immediately

Just a suggestion
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 16th Sep 19, 3:30 PM
    • 76,660 Posts
    • 90,026 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    It certainly is not a scam service.
    Originally posted by ihelp
    I appear to have sussed you as a PPC poster. Today your other posts have confirmed it.

Of course the PPC industry is a complete and utter knuckle dragging thug scam. Only someone who thinks they 'work' (LOL) in that scam industry would defend it.
    If you read many of the thread on here there have been people taken to court issued with CCJ or made bankrupt.
    And if you read threads on the parking forum you'd know we have a 99% win rate when we help people with their defence and witness statements and I (and others) also appear in court to help some victims of this con, if they are in Sussex. Are you there soon?

Anyone connected to a PPC should hang their head in shame and get a real job.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 16-09-2019 at 3:34 PM.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

296Posts Today

3,250Users online

Martin's Twitter