Why a specific armed forces board?

Options

Comments

• bmd16
    bmd16 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    I was looking for some advice from you guys.

My company has been thinking for a while of offering an exclusive diso!!!! to members of the forces but most we are not really that sure how to go about it can anyone help?

We have seen a few sites that want to charge us for advertising but we can't really afford that.

Any help is appreciated. I think MSE is a fantastic site and it is great that Martin has decided to recognise the people who defend our country we would like to help too by offering our discount too.
  • teebrown
    teebrown Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
  • bmd16
    bmd16 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    thanks for your reply.

We have that one on our list to contact but they seem to want £250 +vat for an entry in their directory and the same again for a link on there site.
  • Marker_2
    Marker_2 Posts: 3,260 Forumite
    Options
    Why dont you join as many forces sites as you can find and advertise on there, course speak to the admin first, but I sont think they would charge you to advertise something that will benefit them.
    99.9% of my posts include sarcasm!
    Touch my bum :money:
    Tesco - £1000 , Carpet - £20, Barclaycard - £50, HSBC - £50 + Car - £1700
    SAVED =£0
    Debts - £2850
  • Ploddy
    Ploddy Posts: 86 Forumite
    Options
    This is a great idea, but could it possibly be expanded with a child board for blue light responders. Lots of companies offer discounts for NHS, Fire and Police, but finding these offers is somewhat difficult at times. :hello:
  • kyh
    kyh Posts: 278 Forumite
    Options
    Martin

Thanks for another great board - those of us serving really appreciate your advice on many things money saving - as you have said our lifestyles make it difficult to be true money savers - try being a green fingered money saver when you have to move house every 2 years - difficult to maintian a DE garden so it will actually grow veg!
  • Grumpy_Granddad
    Options
    Having served for 22yrs in the RAF as a cold war warrior involving 9 postings and 19 house moves, I totally understand where the people such as melb2902 are coming from. My wife was a nurse, (earning a damned sight more than me when we first met) That soon changed on our first post marriage posting cleaning caravans and batting in various messes and no childcare provisions, no family support as you are either hundreds or thousands of miles from them. I could go on but those for whom this page has been created understand. I will pass this on to my son who is currently serving.
  • FNUSNU
    FNUSNU Posts: 43 Forumite
    Options
    Cheers Martin, this is great to see! ( I put a link to this sight on arrse a while back, I hope it got plenty of our guys signed up!).
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Having served for 22yrs in the RAF as a cold war warrior involving 9 postings and 19 house moves, I totally understand where the people such as melb2902 are coming from. My wife was a nurse, (earning a damned sight more than me when we first met) That soon changed on our first post marriage posting cleaning caravans and batting in various messes and no childcare provisions, no family support as you are either hundreds or thousands of miles from them. I could go on but those for whom this page has been created understand. I will pass this on to my son who is currently serving.
    Just wondering Grumpy, has your son had the sand between his toes yet?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    kyh wrote: »
    Martin

Thanks for another great board - those of us serving really appreciate your advice on many things money saving - as you have said our lifestyles make it difficult to be true money savers - try being a green fingered money saver when you have to move house every 2 years - difficult to maintian a DE garden so it will actually grow veg!
    KYH was that 1400 LOA?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport