Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    • 8,675Posts
    • 28,901Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 7:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 7:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 605
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 4th Dec 19, 6:35 PM
    • 29,363 Posts
    • 16,339 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    Cant change printers setting from auto update to manual because it says the setting has been locked because web services or instant ink are in the middle of being set up. No they are not. I didnt bother with instant ink as i dont want the service.
    • od244051
    • By od244051 6th Dec 19, 7:05 AM
    • 148 Posts
    • 216 Thanks
    od244051
    Here, the free bus journeys for bus pass holders starts at 9:30am. Why do some elderly people stand out by a bus stop for 40 mins in the freezing cold weather is beyond me. One came up to me when walking past asked its it 9:30 yet. I said its 8:50. Then was moaning she had to wait another 40 mins.

My parents both have free bus passes as sometimes, about 3 times a year, need to pay on the bus as got hospital appointment before 10am
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 6th Dec 19, 8:02 AM
    • 15,694 Posts
    • 59,655 Thanks
    joansgirl
    Sometimes this "keeping you informed" lark is a double edged sword.

I knew there was a parcel coming through Hermes.

I knew coz they e-mailed me saying it would arrive between 3pm and 5pm Wednesday. It didn't arrive. Then they sent another text saying it would be between 6 and 8. Still didn't arrive so I tracked it online. The tracking said it was "delayed".

Yesterday got another text, arriving between 3 and 5. Didn't arrive. Another text, arriving between 6 and 8. It finally got here at 7.50 last night.

If they hadn't texted me at all I would have been pleasantly surprised when it arrived, but because they changed the delivery time 4 times I now think they couldn't organise a !!!! up in a brewery
    Some people only exist as examples of what to avoid...
    • elsien
    • By elsien 6th Dec 19, 9:18 AM
    • 20,529 Posts
    • 52,405 Thanks
    elsien
    People who festoon the outside of their homes with a multitude of differently coloured lights which flash at a seizure inducing level, then leave them on all night to share the joy with the neighbours.

Am pondering the merits of a midnight raid on the outdoor plug.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • Sheel
    • By Sheel 6th Dec 19, 11:18 AM
    • 45,002 Posts
    • 40,590 Thanks
    Sheel

I knew coz they e-mailed me saying it would arrive between 3pm and 5pm Wednesday. It didn't arrive. Then they sent another text saying it would be between 6 and 8. Still didn't arrive so I tracked it online. The tracking said it was "delayed".

Yesterday got another text, arriving between 3 and 5. Didn't arrive. Another text, arriving between 6 and 8. It finally got here at 7.50 last night.

If they hadn't texted me at all I would have been pleasantly surprised when it arrived, but because they changed the delivery time 4 times I now think they couldn't organise a !!!! up in a brewery
    Originally posted by joansgirl

I know what you mean, but I do love being able to see where Amazon deliveries are on a map so I can prepare for their arrival. I mean so that i'm not in the bathroom or upstairs cleaning.
    • Jackmydad
    • By Jackmydad 6th Dec 19, 12:33 PM
    • 7,841 Posts
    • 25,513 Thanks
    Jackmydad

Originally posted by joansgirl
    Yes, once is circumstance, twice is happenstance, but three times is ^%$^&$&^&stance!
    People who festoon the outside of their homes with a multitude of differently coloured lights which flash at a seizure inducing level, then leave them on all night to share the joy with the neighbours.

Am pondering the merits of a midnight raid on the outdoor plug.
    Originally posted by elsien
    Save the Planet!
    Run 4 GigaWatts of unnecessary lighting 24/7 this Christmas!
    • elsien
    • By elsien 6th Dec 19, 5:42 PM
    • 20,529 Posts
    • 52,405 Thanks
    elsien
    I know what you mean, but I do love being able to see where Amazon deliveries are on a map so I can prepare for their arrival. I mean so that i'm not in the bathroom or upstairs cleaning.
    Originally posted by Sheel
    Does it make any difference given that they generally dump the parcel and run without bothering knocking at all?
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • Marvel1
    • By Marvel1 6th Dec 19, 9:44 PM
    • 4,640 Posts
    • 5,268 Thanks
    Marvel1
    Cannot get aftershave delivered to an Amazon locker.
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 7th Dec 19, 8:45 AM
    • 15,694 Posts
    • 59,655 Thanks
    joansgirl
    The inside of my mouth is ripped to shreds thanks to some very nice tasting crackers I ate the other day
    • ceredigion
    • By ceredigion 7th Dec 19, 5:07 PM
    • 3,541 Posts
    • 5,086 Thanks
    ceredigion
    Pop up plugs.
    Why just why.
    4 hours on my knees because some engineer thought it was a good idea to reinvent the perfectly good plug on a chain
    • Jackmydad
    • By Jackmydad 7th Dec 19, 7:00 PM
    • 7,841 Posts
    • 25,513 Thanks
    Jackmydad
    Pop up plugs.
    Why just why.
    4 hours on my knees because some engineer thought it was a good idea to reinvent the perfectly good plug on a chain
    Originally posted by ceredigion
    Agreed. Nothing wrong with the plug on a chain.
    You can get "easy clean" pop up plugs, where the mechanism just lifts out though.
    Of course you have to replace the whole basin waste though.
    • NaughtiusMaximus
    • By NaughtiusMaximus 7th Dec 19, 9:38 PM
    • 2,297 Posts
    • 5,749 Thanks
    NaughtiusMaximus
    Pop up plugs.
    Why just why.
    Originally posted by ceredigion
    As annoying and as pointless as they are, they're not the worst trend in modern bathrooms:

Good luck getting at taps like these if they ever need any work doing on them.
    • ceredigion
    • By ceredigion 7th Dec 19, 10:35 PM
    • 3,541 Posts
    • 5,086 Thanks
    ceredigion
    As annoying and as pointless as they are, they're not the worst trend in modern bathrooms:

Good luck getting at taps like these if they ever need any work doing on them.
    Originally posted by NaughtiusMaximus
    You have taps !!!
    • duncanthedog
    • By duncanthedog 8th Dec 19, 9:06 AM
    • 1,286 Posts
    • 2,916 Thanks
    duncanthedog
    How many climate change activists have got their decorations and lights up for xmas convincing themselves that 'their little bit wont make any difference'?
    • Sheel
    • By Sheel 9th Dec 19, 8:15 AM
    • 45,002 Posts
    • 40,590 Thanks
    Sheel
    Does it make any difference given that they generally dump the parcel and run without bothering knocking at all?
    Originally posted by elsien

We must be lucky here then as that doesn't happen afaik. If I can't get to the door they either leave the parcel with a neighbour or put it in our storage box by the front door. The only annoying thing is once or twice i've heard them knock, but they haven't left a card and the only way I know which neighbour they've left it with has been by the info being in the email that says it's been delivered.

I'm irritated by clumsiness this morning. This weekend one of our cats knocked over 2 glasses full of drink on a little table in the lounge, so I go and put the glasses with what's left in them on the kitchen table for safety and I then knock them over myself. Then this morning i've knocked an empty glass off the kitchen worktop and broken it.
    • duncanthedog
    • By duncanthedog 9th Dec 19, 9:27 AM
    • 1,286 Posts
    • 2,916 Thanks
    duncanthedog
    Political leaflets through the letterbox

Do they really think that posting a picture of their ugly mug through the door is going to sway someone's vote?
    • NaughtiusMaximus
    • By NaughtiusMaximus 9th Dec 19, 9:41 AM
    • 2,297 Posts
    • 5,749 Thanks
    NaughtiusMaximus
    Here, the free bus journeys for bus pass holders starts at 9:30am. Why do some elderly people stand out by a bus stop for 40 mins in the freezing cold weather is beyond me. One came up to me when walking past asked its it 9:30 yet. I said its 8:50. Then was moaning she had to wait another 40 mins.
    Originally posted by od244051
    I used to see something similar in the 90s when a lot of OAPs still collected their pensions in cash from the post office. The queue would often start forming half an hour or more before opening time.
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 9th Dec 19, 10:24 AM
    • 15,694 Posts
    • 59,655 Thanks
    joansgirl
    My hormonal fluctuations has made my body think it's a teenager again

Acne, mouth full of ulcers, dry skin....... (Shame about the achey joints and saggy skin )
    • colinw
    • By colinw 9th Dec 19, 10:26 AM
    • 56,185 Posts
    • 154,635 Thanks
    colinw

My parents both have free bus passes as sometimes, about 3 times a year, need to pay on the bus as got hospital appointment before 10am
    Originally posted by od244051
    To be fair some of them might just be lonely stuck inside their homes all day
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 9th Dec 19, 10:30 AM
    • 15,694 Posts
    • 59,655 Thanks
    joansgirl
    To be fair some of them might just be lonely stuck inside their homes all day
    Originally posted by colinw
    Plus, older people are gifted with the good manners to be punctual and not keep other people waiting, so they tend to set off early for everything
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,935Posts Today

9,857Users online

Martin's Twitter