Why a specific armed forces board?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Kew2u
    Kew2u Posts: 105 Forumite
    Options
    Forces pay has always been a downer. I had lots of experience and skills that were lost to the army because raising a family on forces pay was impossible...that and the lack of decent accomodation. I chose de-mob because of it.
    Yes, I usually tell it as I see it and respond where I see the need, but never are my comments ment to be taken personally.
  • cesilb87
    Options
    Hi all,

Just needed to see if anyone has advice for us, my boyfriend is South African and in his SA passport holds a stamp with says his exempt to immigration law whilst in the army. We have booked a holiday to spain in june and when filling out an application for getting a shengan visa it asks for a residents permit number (which a normal person gets in their passport whilst living and working here legally), which he hasnt got because of this stamp. Does this mean we will be refused? And what can we do to stop this/help ourselves so he doesn't? Has anybody else been through this?

Thanks

p.s. he cannot get a british passport thanks to the army sending him to germany for 5 years which according to the government doesn't count as being in this country!!!!
  • suvla_2
    suvla_2 Posts: 59 Forumite
    Options
    thanks martin :)
    #1799 sealed moneypot challenge- target £500 s/f £378
    currently saved £4500 target 10k :money:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income