Tax rebate 2019

Options

Comments

• Sammie911
    Sammie911 Posts: 93 Forumite
    Options
    Yeah I can understand that completely they got to do their checks.... I don't have a business just a straight forward claim... I have been reading through that post
  • Dazed_and_confused
    Options
    Could you not have got the correct tax code in place then to avoid having to make a refund claim?
  • Scottie2014
    Options
    Anyone had an update or spoke to anyone at hmrc about the status or their payment? It's my understanding that if you are due to receive your payment next week the likelyhood is that would of been issued by now being that they use the BACS system which takes 3 - 5 days to land in your account? Just wouldn't update on their system as they are usually 3 days behind. Bearing in mind though the first payments weren't issued until the 18th last year. Just really hoping to get the payment before the Easter Bank Holidays ����
  • Scottie2014
    Options
    *people wasn't receiving their payments until the 18th last year I should say..
  • Stumm23
    Options
    Once it's issued it will go in the bank following day,so it can go in Wednesday or thursday
  • Scottie2014
    Options
    Once it shows issued on the system it will be avaliable the following day. The system is usually 3 days behind, so the payment on the hmrc end would of been released days previous. Your only made aware of it until the information is made avaliable to you on the system, which as I said is days behind.
    People were calling hmrc last year to get updates, and some were actually lucky enough to speak to advisers that were actually useful. They were told their payments had been issued and not to worry, and it didn't matter that the system still showed payment pending as it hadn't been updated yet
  • Sammie911
    Options
    I rang them yesterday... They said there's been a glitch in the system nd a few people have had to call.... I had to request my payment a second time 48hours later which they have now sorted over the phone.... It's a 24 hour time delay on the site except weekends I don't think it updates till Tuesday but not 100% sure... As soon as it says payment issued your payment will clear the following day unless it gets stopped for security checks
  • Sammie911
    Options
    I'm also hoping to receive before Easter
  • doublejoeseven
    Options
    The system is only ever 3 days behind on a Monday. The next update will be in the early hours of Tuesday,after that, the early hours Wednesday,etc.Once your status changes from 'Bank repayment pending' to 'Bank repayment', depending on your bank's system, the funds should be available the day after. This is my 9th successive year of submitting a return online.The average time for a rebate is around 10 days although on occasion I've waited shorter times and I've waited longer times.
  • Sammie911
    Options
    Mines finally saying bank repayment pending... Hopefully tomorrow payment issued
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback