ESA Stopped no letter

Options
hi
i won an appeal last September and got placed in the support group (income related) for 2 years
ive just had a bank statement and noticed my last payment went in on 29th June but nothing on the 13th July and I have not received a letter or phone call from them to explain why
I went for an operation on 1st July as a day case which im sure they were made aware of 8months ago but certainly they were aware of this 2-3 weeks prior to the operation when I rang regarding claiming taxi fares back to and from hospital,
As anyone have any idea why it would stop with no explanation from them
Thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Going into hospital for a day would make no difference, I can only suggest you call them first thing Monday.
  • Alice_Holt
    Alice_Holt Posts: 5,950 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    As venison says give the DWP a ring.

Probably an error.

You haven't been asked to go to a WCA?
    Alice Holt Forest situated some 4 miles south of Farnham forms the most northerly gateway to the South Downs National Park.
  • kezto
    kezto Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for your replies, Mrs has just asked if im sure I let them know about separate condition (Hernia) and tbh cant remember other than a couple of weeks prior to going in. I was awarded ESA due to major muscle loss from a raging thyroid condition if that makes any difference.
  • kezto
    Options
    NO Alice no mention of a WCA
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,963 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Have you moved house recently and forgot to tell them your new address? If you did and they sent you another ESA50 form you wouldn't have received this, your money could have stopped for failing to return the ESA50 form. Only way to know is to ring them Monday.
  • kezto
    Options
    No the only thing is I went in for an op for a hernia (and not for the muscle loss I claiming for )and not sure if I told them prior to the couple of weeks before the op.
    Surely they wont stop it if I didn't report a change in condition without sending a letter?
  • poppy12345
    Options
    kezto wrote: »
    No the only thing is I went in for an op for a hernia (and not for the muscle loss I claiming for )and not sure if I told them prior to the couple of weeks before the op.
    Surely they wont stop it if I didn't report a change in condition without sending a letter?
    Going into hospital for 1 day wouldn't stop your ESA, as others have stated. Please ring them Monday, it's the only way you'll know your answer.
  • kezto
    Options
    Thanks I will ring Monday just a weekend of further stress !!!8230;!!!8230;. so not telling them of a change for worse if I didn't at the time wouldn't give reason to stop my claim?
  • poppy12345
    Options
    kezto wrote: »
    so not telling them of a change for worse if I didn't at the time wouldn't give reason to stop my claim?
    No it wouldn't. You were only in hospital for 1 day.
  • kezto
    Options
    Beginning to panic about not telling them of a different condition making my condition worse but you have given me some reassurance over weekend Thanks everyone
    I will let you know what they say
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport