Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Options

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    That sounds good, Beanie! Always nice to be up to date with what's going on for your loved ones.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,299 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    That sounds good, Beanie! Always nice to be up to date with what's going on for your loved ones.

It is. 'Tis good for the soul.
    Messaging & text's are ok but face to face is best.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,586 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Beanie - so pleased you have had chance to have a heart to heart with your son. Nothing better than face to face chatting and maybe even a tiny hug - can't do that to a screen....
    I'm so pleased you are giving yourself some slack with the mortgage - it will go down naturally and if you manage to put a tiny bit of cash away as a buffer that will be there for whatever you choose - to pay the mortgage, for repairs or fun - the choice will be all yours lovely lady. I can completely understand what a worry it must be though....if it's in your nature to worry it's hard to break that.
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    Options
    milann wrote: »
    Hi Beanie - so pleased you have had chance to have a heart to heart with your son. Nothing better than face to face chatting and maybe even a tiny hug - can't do that to a screen....
    I'm so pleased you are giving yourself some slack with the mortgage - it will go down naturally and if you manage to put a tiny bit of cash away as a buffer that will be there for whatever you choose - to pay the mortgage, for repairs or fun - the choice will be all yours lovely lady. I can completely understand what a worry it must be though....if it's in your nature to worry it's hard to break that.

Thank you Milan.
    Have just posted on your diary:rotfl::A
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• beanielou
    Options
    So did a wee bit of internet shopping at the weekend.
    Three parts of it came today.
    So that was super quick.
    One of the people that delivered obviously had no idea that having a handrail at the front door may indicate that the occupier is a tad slower than normal at getting to the door :rotfl:

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,292 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I've thought about putting a sign on our door saying be aware occupant is disabled and may not answer the door immediately. Saturday morning a delivery bloke knocked so hard on our door he nearly gave me a heart attack!
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • beanielou
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    I've thought about putting a sign on our door saying be aware occupant is disabled and may not answer the door immediately. Saturday morning a delivery bloke knocked so hard on our door he nearly gave me a heart attack!

One of them today did that:eek:
    Had hardly got out my chair when they thumped again:rotfl:

• ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    So did a wee bit of internet shopping at the weekend.
    Three parts of it came today.
    So that was super quick.
    One of the people that delivered obviously had no idea that having a handrail at the front door may indicate that the occupier is a tad slower than normal at getting to the door :rotfl:

Sometimes they don't even want to try to deliver. I was lurking near the door for one parcel, and the bloke had stuffed the card in through the door and was half-way to his van before I managed to turn the key and open the door. He seemed most perturbed about having to dig my parcel out of his van.

I think the delivery companies are getting wise to that these days though.
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • beanielou
    Options
    It was interesting that both people who delivered today I had not seen before.

As you say Z I think the delivery companies are getting wise to some of the dodges.

Interestingly I got a gift voucher I had ordered which came through the post and was just through the door. No signed for or anything.
    Surely that is open to abuse?

• milann
    milann Posts: 10,586 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    yep - I've had delivery folk pushing notes through before knocking and I've had to chase after them to retrieve my items. I try and get things delivered to mr m's work now.
    Have you finally managed to chase that bug off now Beanie - hope so.
    January spends - £587.58
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure