NHS Prescriptions.

Options
would I have received a card for free perscriptions when I was notified of my ESA award. I'm still unclear about whether I'm on income or contribution based. My 3 month prepaid certificate has run out.
If tha' brexit, tha' pays for it.

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 18,026 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    would I have received a card for free perscriptions when I was notified of my ESA award. I'm still unclear about whether I'm on income or contribution based. My 3 month prepaid certificate has run out.
    No, you don't receive a card when claiming ESA. If you're unsure whether you're claiming Income related or Contributions based then you'll need to ring DWP and ask. If you tick the wrong box when you're not entitled then you could receive a fine.

Or check a recent award letter, it will tell which one you're claiming.
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,269 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    If you need a prescription before you find out if you are entitled to free prescriptions make sure you get a receipt and , if you are entitled to it free, you can claim the money back
  • Scaredforthefuture
    Options
    I've been talking to CAB and apparently my ESA is part contribution based and part income based. I'd never heard of this. Where do I stand with regards to prescriptions and dentist.
  • pmlindyloo
    pmlindyloo Posts: 13,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've been talking to CAB and apparently my ESA is part contribution based and part income based. I'd never heard of this. Where do I stand with regards to prescriptions and dentist.

This is considered an income based ESA claim in regard to health costs so you can happily 'tick' the relevant box/statement.
  • Scaredforthefuture
    Options
    pmlindyloo wrote: »
    This is considered an income based ESA claim in regard to health costs so you can happily 'tick' the relevant box/statement.
    Thank you for that clarification - much appreciated.

I can't get it out of my mind because I literally think about it every time I eat or use my glasses.
    This is a bit necky but . . My backdated ESA covers a 6 month period where I DID have 2 x 3 months prepayment certificates is there any chance I can claim this back?
  • BreconBlodwin
    Options
    I believe claiming a refund is time limited.

There is a whole section on it if you search on something like "prescription prepayment refunds "
  • Scaredforthefuture
    Options
    I believe claiming a refund is time limited.

There is a whole section on it if you search on something like "prescription prepayment refunds "
    I never know if it's me or not but I can only find perscription refunds not prepaid perscription refunds.
    I'm going to take the bull by the horns and ring them tomorrow -
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family