Engagement Rings NI.

Options
Cotta
Cotta Posts: 3,667 Forumite
Hi All,

I recently proposed to my partner and she is currently looking for an engagement ring. I don't have an insurmountable budget for this but I also don't want her to be disappointed. Where is a good place to look for engagement rings and can I get something good for around £1k or is this too low?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• donnac2558
    donnac2558 Posts: 3,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    A thousand is good and Lunns even have engagement rings lower in price than this.

Depends on the metal, 9ct/18ct Gold, yellow or white or platinum.
    There are a number of small local jewellers who will make to order as well. There is one on the Lisburn Road, if it is still there. A friend's partner when on a weekend break to Amterdam and bought a loose diamond and got the ring made to fit it. He got a much better deal this way than buying a ready made ring.
  • jenny-wren
    Options
    Congratulations to you both :heart:

I'd recommend having a look in Gardiner Brothers on Waring Street in Belfast. A friend got her gold engagement and wedding rings there. We bought our platinum wedding rings and an eternity ring there and I couldn't resist having a look at all the sparkly engagement rings while I was there ... gorgeous! They have a good range for a variety of budgets.

http://www.gardinerbrothers.co.uk/
    Norn Iron Club Member 330 ;)
  • Tammykitty
    Tammykitty Posts: 1,005 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I recommend Gardiner Brothers too - I think it's a wholesale jewelers, so the prices are a bit lower.

I think there is another wholesale jeweler, but not sure of the name - someone else might know
  • AMG1988
    Options
    Vote here for Ellisons Jewellers to the rear of Castle Court. Couldn't do enough for me when I was looking to do it.
  • RikM
    RikM Posts: 811 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    An alternative viewpoint...
    For something like this, it's less the cost than the thought which goes into it (for many people). For some it's a "go out together choose" thing and personal taste is very much a driver.

That's how my wife ended up with a silver band set with a high quality sapphire, handmade by a craft jeweller. You play to the audience...
  • duggan1
    duggan1 Posts: 505 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Murray & Co were very good for us. Also Kavanaghs engravers round the back of castlecourt has some very nice items, not all second hand. The guy that runs it used to be a jeweller and knows his stuff.
  • damianmcr
    Options
    Been happy with Gardiners and Ellisons before so I would give both a go.
  • Zola.
    Zola. Posts: 2,204 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Lunns have a reputation for being snooty !!!!!!, so I would avoid.

Go to Joseph Rays, he's great and has so much choice.

Also recommend Gardiners, I got my wedding ring from there, my wife got hers from JR as it matched the engagement ring

Congrats!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport