Australia flights £499 & New Zealand £519

Options
2»

Comments

• Donnie
    Donnie Posts: 9,862 Forumite
    Options
    hi I have just been in touch with Etihad and there was no sale? the cheapest return flight I could find was 820? did you mean you could get flight for 494 exclu tax? I am trying to plan a year out to oz and want to leave in oct - do you think it is worth my while hanging on in the hope quantas have another sale for this time of year?

Etihad Sale :) You are probably to late to get the dates you might want, but have a go. ;)
  • marble
    marble Posts: 258 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hi I have just been in touch with Etihad and there was no sale? the cheapest return flight I could find was 820? did you mean you could get flight for 494 exclu tax? I am trying to plan a year out to oz and want to leave in oct - do you think it is worth my while hanging on in the hope quantas have another sale for this time of year?

I got the details of the sales from here. The maximum stay is 3 months, so if you're going for a year then it won't help. I've just tried 12th Sept to 20th Sept and it comes back at £494 inc tax ... couldn't find much in October.

Al
  • Donnie
    Options
    If taking a year out, beginning in October, consider flying Air Asia X to Oz. One way flight via KL is around £300 plus luggage.
  • markalanious
    Options
    Hi Guys, some help would be greatly appreciated since you lot seem to know what you're talking about!

I'm going to see friends in Adelaide at the end of the year and i've booked a month off work so i'm going to have a few weeks with them and then a few weeks in thailand before coming back. Since this is a few stops planning flights seems to be a nightmare. I went on kayak.co.uk and just put in all destinations lhr-adelaide-bangkok-lhr and the price came to over £3400 which is a joke, so i then tried individual prices and got the following:

Cathay Pacific - LHR to Adelaide £508 (25/12/09)
    Singapore Air - Adelaide to Bangkok £396 (10/1/10)
    Kuwait Air - Bangkok to LHR £334 (28/1/10)

Which works out at £1238 which is a lot cheaper but i'm not sure about flying with these airlines or if there is a better overall option that i'm missing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.
  • Donnie
    Options
    Start your own thread.
  • markalanious
    markalanious Posts: 82 Forumite
    Options
    ok will do. thanks
  • Bruce_
    Bruce_ Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    over the last several years, Emirates have consistently been the cheapest. another benefit is it's almost halfway to Perth, so you avoid a 13 hour flight to Asia. I booked in February, for flights in July, and was around £500 each.

Whatever you do, flying late December - early Jan is always going to be expensive. It's viciously expensive if you fly just before Christmas, and slightly less just after. I've checked every possibility, and now resigned to always missing Christmas with family, unless I win the lottery.

Australia in winter is much like a typical UK summer on many days. More so the further north you go. Best time to go would be spring or autumn, unless you really want it to be hot, but it's cheap to fly there in winter, so long as you avoid our summer holiday times (July/August)
  • mrposhman
    mrposhman Posts: 749 Forumite
    Options
    :rolleyes:I was wondering if any of you guys out there could help me, my family are all planning on going to Sydney for Christmas this year, including New Year.

However I know you moneysavers are really good at knowing your bargains, so does anyone know when would be the best time to book? We don't need accommodation as staying with family, so its just flights. I really dont wanna pay tooo much, after all it isn't exactly at the best time of year what with it being Oz summer.

Thanks in advance if any of you guys can help:o

keep looking theres no cheapies at the moment. Looking at £1300 min for an adult according to kayak
  • mrposhman
    Options

May be a good idea to have a look at a round the world trip ticket as you might get all your transfers between Oz cities included in a fairly cheap ticket.

If you are under 26 check out www.statravel.co.uk
  • mrposhman
    Options
    Bruce_ wrote: »
    over the last several years, Emirates have consistently been the cheapest. another benefit is it's almost halfway to Perth, so you avoid a 13 hour flight to Asia. I booked in February, for flights in July, and was around £500 each.

Whatever you do, flying late December - early Jan is always going to be expensive. It's viciously expensive if you fly just before Christmas, and slightly less just after. I've checked every possibility, and now resigned to always missing Christmas with family, unless I win the lottery.

Australia in winter is much like a typical UK summer on many days. More so the further north you go. Best time to go would be spring or autumn, unless you really want it to be hot, but it's cheap to fly there in winter, so long as you avoid our summer holiday times (July/August)

I can vouch for that. I am flying out one way at the end of June and it would have been another £150 if I had waited a week.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure