Lloyds Choice Rewards - certain retailers vouchers taken away

Options

Comments

• nick74
    nick74 Posts: 829 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    For the past week or so I can no longer view my rewards points.
    When I click on 'Your Choice Points' it brings up an error page:
    There's a problem...
    75001 : Sorry, we’ve had to end this session because of a temporary problem with our system. Please try again later.

Is anyone else with a Choice Rewards card getting the same error? I've tried different browsers on different PCs and get the same message on them all. I suppose I could phone Lloyds and ask them but I usually only do that as a last resort!
  • 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    I've just logged in myself using the latest version of Chrome for Windows 10 and I've had the same error message.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • aleph_0
    aleph_0 Posts: 539 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Amazon gift cards are back, link:
    https://choicerewards.lloydsbank.com/SpendPoints/ProductDetails.aspx?catUrn=11&itemUrn=255

If this doesn't work, you can search for them under Free Time not Shopping
  • nick74
    Options
    aleph_0 wrote: »
    Amazon gift cards are back, link:
    https://choicerewards.lloydsbank.com/SpendPoints/ProductDetails.aspx?catUrn=11&itemUrn=255

If this doesn't work, you can search for them under Free Time not Shopping

Thank you. It's annoying that they appear to have hidden them in 'Free time' though as they always used to show under 'Shopping'. I looked the other day, didn't see any in the shopping category so gave up and used my points for cashback.
  • 20aday
    Options
    Just a heads up: I’ve had a letter today and my Choice Rewards Duo is being axed within the next month.

Am being given a Platinum MasterCard with 0.5% cash back for the 60 months and I think it’s two months to redeem any existing points for vouchers otherwise it’s going to be turned into cash back on my statements.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • nick74
    Options
    20aday wrote: »
    Just a heads up: I’ve had a letter today and my Choice Rewards Duo is being axed within the next month.

Am being given a Platinum MasterCard with 0.5% cash back for the 60 months and I think it’s two months to redeem any existing points for vouchers otherwise it’s going to be turned into cash back on my statements.

Yes, I've had the same letter. I'm quite happy with 0.5% cashback. I'd certainly rather have that than the Avios card I had expected we'd be getting as a replacement.
  • Wildsound
    Wildsound Posts: 365 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Had the same letter - it looks like a decent transition to be honest where we're not getting shafted with regards existing points/fees.

1) Basically any annual fee you have paid in the last 12 months will be refunded pro-rata. So if you paid the fee 6 months before they switch you over, you will get half of it back.
    2) You will be notified of your final point balance within 14 days of the account changing.
    3) You have 2 months after the account changing to redeem the points.
    4) Any unused points will be given as cashback, ROUNDED UP to the nearest 10,000 points (where 10,000 points = £10).

The last point is a big deal - For example, if you had say 8000 points after the 14 days:

a) Do nothing, your points are effectively rounded up to 10,000 and you will receive £10 cashback at the end of the 2 months.
    b) If you spend 6650 points for a £10 voucher, then you will be left with 1350 points. At the end of the 2 months, your points are rounded up to 10,000 and you will also receive £10 cashback (effective total of £20)

Basically, monitor your points closely up until you have your final point balance. Work out whether you can squeeze a voucher out but keep yourself within the same rounding up band.
  • Nicholas
    Nicholas Posts: 630 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    They're all chipping away. Makes you wonder how long it will be before they start on the benefits for Club Lloyds.
  • 20aday
    Options
    Nicholas wrote: »
    They're all chipping away. Makes you wonder how long it will be before they start on the benefits for Club Lloyds.

Well one of the 'benefits' of Club Lloyds was a refund for £12 for holding the Choice Rewards card so Lloyds won't have to pay that out anymore.
  • nick74
    Options
    I notice this morning that the Choice Rewards account has disappeared from my Lloyds online banking, to be replaced by a Platinum Mastercard. They've refunded £2 of the Choice annual fee, but I haven't actually received a new card yet.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure