Warm home discount

Options
Sncjw
Sncjw Posts: 3,509 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
Hi

I’ve just checked the criteria for the reader group for Utilita energy. I was hoping due to the dwp page saying low income that I could get it. However it’s all for people on benefits.

I know there’s left over spaces get allocated so for those who work do you manage to get a space on the warm home discount.

I earn 13,000 a year after tax so that’s my rough take home pay. I can save up to cover the winter which I am going to try and do from now anyways.
Mortgage free wannabe 

Actual mortgage stating amount £75,150

Overpayment start date 1/3/23.

Starting balance £66,565.45

Current balance £63,787.16

Comments

• poppasmurf_bewdley
    Options
    Different companies have different criteria for WHD in the non-core group.

Have a look at each company website, and see if you can change to one of them if it gives you a financial advantage.
    "There are not enough superlatives in the English language to describe a 'Princess Coronation' locomotive in full cry. We shall never see their like again". O S Nock
  • Joyful
    Joyful Posts: 2,426 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It's also not your take home pay. It's you salary before any deductions that must be below £16190. If you are not on benefits, some companys will look for fuel poverty. this means you using more than 10% of your total income on fuel.
    Self Employed, Running my Dream Jobs
  • jamiesb
    jamiesb Posts: 18 Forumite
    edited 9 August 2018 at 9:33AM
    Options
    It seems to be that Utilita are a bit sneaky when it comes WHD applications and being upfront about when and how to apply :( it's a shame it's such a hassle https://selectra.co.uk/news/warm-home-discount-scam Also it seems like you need to be with an eligible supplier that does it on a specific date in July to apply for it if you happen to have switched away ... so many arbitrary conditions!
  • Joyful
    Joyful Posts: 2,426 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    jamiesb The July date is only for those on guaranteed pension credit. This means if they move supplier, as long as they were with a company that does the WHD they will still get it. For the Broader group, you must be on supply at the time the payment is made with the company that you applied for it with.
    Self Employed, Running my Dream Jobs
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport