IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKCPM, DRP, GLADSTONE - How good is my case.

Options
2»

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,355 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Anyway, continuing to deal with the current case I haven't emailed Gladstones yet. Should I? What should I tell them?
    Well given that the only information you have given us about the Gladstones communication with you is:
    have now received my first letter from Gladstones,
    it's no surprise you've had no response. We have no idea what G's have said to you.

How do you know it has come from G's? Did you know DRP use G's letterheads to write pressure-ratcheting letters to people?

Does the letter tell you to pay money to someone? Who does it tell you to pay?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • FinesAreBad
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    Well given that the only information you have given us about the Gladstones communication with you is:

it's no surprise you've had no response. We have no idea what G's have said to you.

How do you know it has come from G's? Did you know DRP use G's letterheads to write pressure-ratcheting letters to people?

Does the letter tell you to pay money to someone? Who does it tell you to pay?

Okay, fair enough but there needs to be a conversation for me to realise this. Thank you for pointing it out. Yes the letters just ask me to pay DRP so it is just as I recall someone calling it "a letter from DRP on Gladstones notepaper". I know it means nothing which is why I didn't give too much details on that letter.

I don't want to just sit and wait for letters because I travel a lot and I might miss them. This is why I am trying to be proactive and I am trying to resolve this even before they make the mistake and take me to court.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Okay, fair enough but there needs to be a conversation for me to realise this. Thank you for pointing it out. Yes the letters just ask me to pay DRP so it is just as I recall someone calling it "a letter from DRP on Gladstones notepaper". I know it means nothing which is why I didn't give too much details on that letter.

I don't want to just sit and wait for letters because I travel a lot and I might miss them. This is why I am trying to be proactive and I am trying to resolve this even before they make the mistake and take me to court.

Once you are in this silly circle of Gladstones pimping out their letterhead, there is little you can do and you certainly do not want to pay as DRP will have added their fake £60 on top

Your thread is titled
    UKCPM, DRP, GLADSTONE - How good is my case

The question you should be asking is ...
    HOW GOOD IS GLADSTONES CASE ? Because they are probably the most incompetent solicitor in the UK, the courts already know about their uttter trash claims
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,355 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Okay, fair enough but there needs to be a conversation for me to realise this.
    But most of this stuff is already contained in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, which saves what few of us who are left here having to repeat the same things every day.
    I recall someone calling it "a letter from DRP on Gladstones notepaper". I know it means nothing which is why I didn't give too much details on that letter.
    So you seem to have known the answer before asking the question?
    I don't want to just sit and wait for letters because I travel a lot and I might miss them.
    The 'we mean business' letter - the Letter Before Claim - (which will be a real Gladstones communication), will provide you with 30 days to respond. There won't be anything from them with tight deadlines.

Thereafter, if a county court claim is raised, you have 19 days to acknowledge that, which will then 'buy' you a further 14 days to lodge a defence.

Any court case is unlikely to commence until 3-4 months after the LBC. You can provide the court with a list of dates on which you are unavailable, and they will try to arrange things around them.

I don't think your travelling should be compromised on the basis of anything happening swiftly.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • FinesAreBad
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    The 'we mean business' letter - the Letter Before Claim - (which will be a real Gladstones communication), will provide you with 30 days to respond. There won't be anything from them with tight deadlines.

Thereafter, if a county court claim is raised, you have 19 days to acknowledge that, which will then 'buy' you a further 14 days to lodge a defence.

Any court case is unlikely to commence until 3-4 months after the LBC. You can provide the court with a list of dates on which you are unavailable, and they will try to arrange things around them.

I don't think your travelling should be compromised on the basis of anything happening swiftly.

Thank you very much for your response I really appreciate it!
  • FinesAreBad
    Options
    For the sake of completeness of this thread. After Gladstones started contacting me I replied to their Letter Before Claim asking for more time as I was working with the MP to resolve the issue with UKCPM. I have attached a screenshot of my response.

They later came back and confirmed they cancelled the debt. So, happy days, now onto my next adventure getting a CCJ set aside... (not related to this incident) I'll start a different thread for that one though. Thanks to everyone that contributes to the forum and to this thread you guys are awesome!

Letter I sent back to gladstones along with the response provided on the Letter Before Claim form -> hXXp://pc.cd/rxQrtalK

[NB: replace "XX" with "tt"]
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    They later came back and confirmed they cancelled the debt

There was never a debt, just a figment of Gladstones imagination.

Gladstones ??????? such a sad pretend legal
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,319 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Your link made live: -
    http://pc.cd/rxQrtalK
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing