Arch hall and ppi

Options

Comments

• worried123
    worried123 Posts: 519 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thank you everyone - i have just read the info LincsPaul and you cannot argue with that. They are complete rogues...surely what Arch Hall are doing is illegal.
  • Shypad4
    Options
    the director of this company used to run other companies advising bankrupts and legally extorting money from people in debt at astronomical rates. he has a string of dissolved companies meaning he assett strips and moves on reaping the profits. he is called Christopher Holmes check him out on companies house beta search .gov.uk website. do not touch any company he runs with a barge pole. other forum posts will mention bankruptcy protection fund, he is a complete racketeer who takes advantage of peoples poverty.
  • Shypad4
    Options
    worried123 wrote: »
    Thank you

To be honest - i have to say that if i became bankrupt owing my bank money it is not right anyway that i should pursue a claim with them.

I am however going to ring the chap from arch hall to tell him what i think he is up to and why i will not pursue things..he did sound a bit dodgy to be honest.

thanks again
    the director is definitely dodgy, he was featured on the BBC when he ran the so called Bankruptcy Protection Fund. He also employed a criminal ex - solicitor called Michael Seward who had done time for embezzlement.
  • nicola_jenkins
    nicola_jenkins Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 11 September 2018 at 12:15PM
    Options
    hi I went though Gladstone brooks to claim my ppi I also had iva and finished about 2 years ago Gladstone brooks put me though to their management and the guy on the phone said that Arch Hall Ltd in Manchester will be calling me about my ppi I guess I shouldn't go through with it after reading the comments was going to get advice from citenzins advice ??
  • Years_of_debt
    Options
    Check with your IVA advisor.
    As stated about you don’t don’t want to be chased for any fees.
  • Lcjm
    Lcjm Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    My mum was contacted by archall about reclaiming PPI in September last year and went ahead with the claim due being assured that her bankruptcy (discharged in 2012) would have no bearing. Wish we had done some more investigation for her now after reading this forum.
    It’s now 2 weeks before final decisions from the lenders and arch hall seemed to have disappeared. Rumours of administration not yet confirmed with Claims Management Regulation authority.
    Anyone know what happens now in regards to her claim?
    Thanks
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Any redress will go to the OR and she will need to pay Arch Hall their fee - or their administrators.
  • Lcjm
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. I Phoned the OR who said they would not be interested as the bankruptcy was discharged over 5 years ago.
    Do you know if the administrators will continue with processing the claim?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,384 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    A quick google search tells us that Arch Hall have form in telling people who have been Bankrupt that they can claim PPI. Mutiple posts claiming as much on this site and others.
    I Phoned the OR who said they would not be interested as the bankruptcy was discharged over 5 years ago.

The OR should not be saying that unless all creditors have been repaid or the PPI premium was paid after bankruptcy. You may find that what you were told and what actually happens are two different things.

What administrators?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Lcjm
    Options
    If arch hall have gone into administration what happens with the active claim. Do the administrators complete this? Does the claim just disappear?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure