Options
13»

Comments

• foxy-stoat
    foxy-stoat Posts: 6,879 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Lcjm wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. I Phoned the OR who said they would not be interested as the bankruptcy was discharged over 5 years ago.
    Do you know if the administrators will continue with processing the claim?

Doesnt matter how long the line in the sand was drawn or how long ago you were discharged.

If the PPI reclaim company has done work and you have signed up to the agreement to pay them if they get anything then you will probably be chased. Any PPI refund will go to your OR.
  • foxy-stoat
    foxy-stoat Posts: 6,879 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Lcjm wrote: »
    If arch hall have gone into administration what happens with the active claim. Do the administrators complete this? Does the claim just disappear?

You need to hope it disappears - an sure the receivers of Arch will pursue it further if they have no morals.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,421 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    If arch hall have gone into administration what happens with the active claim. Do the administrators complete this? Does the claim just disappear?

I think you misunderstand what a claims company do. They just send a template letter to the free-of-charge complaints address for the bank/lender. After that, they sit back and wait. They dont actually do any work for their money apart from putting the template in an envelope and putting a stamp on it.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Davey55
    Options
    Archhall
    well what can I say, about 2 weeks ago I had a call out of the blue telling me I could claim for PPI through archhall, As an ex bankrupt (around 12 years ago) I was a little suspicious to say the least but after chatting with the lady for some time I thought "what the hell" and agreed to give it a go. Within a day or so an e-mail appeared in my in box with a list of possible claims, I clicked on the companies that I could remember and subsequently received a claim form to fill in, around the same time I received a claim form from one of my "missellers" and after speaking with archhall was told to ignore it and to complete there's which duly arrived in post, I completed the questionaire, sent it back and now "nothing", they are not responding to my e-mails (indeed the site seems to be dead) and I can now no longer reach them by telephone...Is this yet another scam...people beware..
  • BILmac1967
    Options
    Arch Hall have indeed went bust, they were under an OR for a short time and have now been taken over by Rapid Reclaims. I have completed a claim with AH days before they went bust and the compensation amount agreed with my former creditors. I spoke to their OR and he had almost nothing to say. I am just awaiting the cheque assuming the creditor will still pay now that AH have completed their work and they are effectively discharged anyway? I am now of the nothing ventured nothing gained state of mind anyway and Idon't see why the creditor won't complete the deal.
  • TheGardener
    TheGardener Posts: 3,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 26 March 2019 at 7:35PM
    Options
    BILmac1967 wrote: »
    Arch Hall have indeed went bust, they were under an OR for a short time and have now been taken over by Rapid Reclaims. I have completed a claim with AH days before they went bust and the compensation amount agreed with my former creditors. I spoke to their OR and he had almost nothing to say. I am just awaiting the cheque assuming the creditor will still pay now that AH have completed their work and they are effectively discharged anyway? I am now of the nothing ventured nothing gained state of mind anyway and Idon't see why the creditor won't complete the deal.

So are you a bankrupt BILmac1967? If you are then I would suggest caution...
    Its nearly 6 years since my BR and my OR made a PPI claim in my name just this month which suggests the I.S. is putting in last minute claims for BR's.
  • BILmac1967
    Options
    Yes, The Gardener, actually a trust deed, particular to Scotland. There was a test case where all PPI now goes to the customer instead of the OR, (or trustee, in my case)
    But it now transpires the cheque was sent 20th. feb. over 30 days ago, after I asked Arch Hall to chase it up and they admitted it's what they are paid for, but the cheque was returned to MBNA for some reason without my knowledge and after 30 days I suspect it could now be time barred.
    I await a reply from MBNA to see if they can send me another cheque. I am now onto Rapid Reclaims over this, if they bought my case from Arch Hall's OR it should be they who are chasing it up.
  • TheGardener
    TheGardener Posts: 3,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ahh I see - sorry, thought you were England/Wales BR :)
  • BILmac1967
    BILmac1967 Posts: 5 Forumite
    edited 31 March 2019 at 4:47PM
    Options
    I looked at arch halls bankruptcy notice online, it says that they were struggling as there is legislation which limits successful claim fees to 20% (including ppi claims?}
    Also the OR has sent me a document to agree to rapid reclaim as assignee and to pay them. Do I need to sign this and why is that the OR's business if they have already reassigned my case to rapid reclaim? The document just looks like an agreement, I don't know what validity it has.
    Thework was completed by arch hall before they went bust, I don't see what i should pay RR for?
    The document doesn't really say i'm legally bound to pay, Do i really need to sign the doc to the OR?(by OR imean administrator)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure