Baffled

Options
Got a electricity bill from npower we are owning over£400 from 2013 they have been under estimateing our bills even though I have been giving meter readings there was no cover letter and the gent on the help line din’t Seem to understand why they had made a mistake put my payments up from £70 to £100 to help clear the arrears, never been in errears in my life still can’ t make sense of the bill anyone had this happen to them

Yellowb

Comments

• Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,037 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Do you mean the debt of £400 has built up since 2013?

Did you check on your bills if they had been using any of your meter readings?
  • Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 12,106 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Read your meter today and post this and the latest reading form nPower (does this have a letter E, A or C against it) on this thread.

Since 2013 nPower will have written to you every six months giving you predictions of the consumption and required DD.
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • nPower
    nPower Posts: 1,319 Organisation Representative
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    yellowb wrote: »
    Got a electricity bill from npower we are owning over£400 from 2013 they have been under estimateing our bills even though I have been giving meter readings there was no cover letter and the gent on the help line din’t Seem to understand why they had made a mistake put my payments up from £70 to £100 to help clear the arrears, never been in errears in my life still can’ t make sense of the bill anyone had this happen to them

Yellowb

Hi Yellowb,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with your bills. If you'd like to send your account info through to us via the email address in our profile we'll be happy to take a closer look into this for you and see what's happened.

Thanks

Leigh :)
    Official Company Representative"
    I am the official company representative of nPower. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
    If we ask you to contact us, please do so using helpandsupport@npower.com - MSE Forum has temporarily allowed the display of our contact details in our signature due to a technical issue with our profile
  • WhoIsThat
    WhoIsThat Posts: 234 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    yellowb wrote: »
    Got a electricity bill from npower we are owning over£400 from 2013 they have been under estimateing our bills even though I have been giving meter readings there was no cover letter and the gent on the help line din!!!8217;t Seem to understand why they had made a mistake put my payments up from £70 to £100 to help clear the arrears, never been in errears in my life still can!!!8217; t make sense of the bill anyone had this happen to them

Yellowb

When was the first time you found the the supplier used an estimated reading despite you having provided them with an actual reading?

How far out was the estimate?
  • WhoIsThat
    WhoIsThat Posts: 234 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    nPower wrote: »
    Hi Yellowb,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with your bills. If you'd like to send your account info through to us via the email address in our profile we'll be happy to take a closer look into this for you and see what's happened.

Thanks

Leigh :)

Any contact yet from the OP?

The problem I see here is that the MSE user account was created almost 5 years ago.
    The user has only made 2 previous posts, one when first registered, and the other about 2.5 years ago.

The user created this thread at 12 minutes before midnight last night, and didn''t hang around for any response - not even 1 minute.

I'm wondering it it will be another 2.5 years before anyone hears from yellowb again :cool:

(Of course I'm sure they are reading this, having a right little chuckle to themselves, and my post may even solicit a reply sooner rather than later now - who knows?)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure