NRAM mortgage -heliodor/topaz

apologies if there is an existing thread on this ,but can't see one within the last 7 days.

our mortgage is with Nram-not great 12 years ago-but to be fair-never really caused us/them any issues.

I see some of Nrams protfolio (incl ours ) sold to Heliodor /Topaz.

excuse my ignorance -but not exactly high street names -and to have a current client base of 112500 also suggests they are not the biggest lenders in the world.

protected by FCA anyway-so not overly bothered ,but i did wonder whether anybody else similarly affected, and or anyone any first hand good or bad experience with these lenders.

maybe some brokers log in to this who have experience of them and could comment ?

Comments

• sukimia
    sukimia Posts: 53 Forumite
    Hi marc3 :)

We received that letter aswell, but I am the same as you and can't find out anything about them.

We would like to go onto a fixed interest rate but I'm not sure if that is something they offer!

Would be great if someone could give us some more information.
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Helidor Mortgages is the trading name of Topaz Finance Limited. Fully regulated in the UK. Topaz themselves are a subsidiary of Computershare a growing acquisitive Australian company. That has invested heavily in technology.

NRAM's function is to liquidate the old legacy mortgage book and repay the debt owed to the UK Treasury. Before itself being wound up.
  • Hi all

We have just been transferred to these people. We still haven’t received our welcome letter. We can’t pay our mortgage as nram won’t talk to us and we have no account numbers with new company.

Make matters worse the company claim we are over £1000 in arrears when we are not because nram have told them we never paid in 2018 even though I have evidence and codes to prove it.

Heliodor only started trading on 11th November at 9am to make it worse
  • CH81
    CH81 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Hi there... I am also a NRAM customer now transferred to Heliodor. Would any of you lovely MSE members know if the terms from NRAM will remain the same now the mortgage has transferred? What I mean is; on our NRAM mortgage we could make overpayments whenever we chose with no penalties (not that we ever did, but that is about to change) should I still be able to do this with Heliodor?
    Thanks in advance for your help xXx
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    That's a question you'd need to ask Helidor. One would think that they'd be happy to see the balance owing reduce.

https://www.heliodormortgages.co.uk/
  • You would be lucky if you could get through to customer services - they simply don't answer. been on for 25 minutes
  • Mouse007
    Mouse007 Posts: 1,062 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    rgannon4 wrote: »
    You would be lucky if you could get through to customer services - they simply don't answer. been on for 25 minutes

Same here, perhaps I should have selected the "I'm in arrears" option for an immediate answer...

.... not a great start

BBC WatchDog “if you are struggling with an unfair parking charge do get in touch”

Please email your PCN story to watchdog@bbc.co.uk they want to hear about it.
    Please then tell us here that you have done so.

• RMU
    RMU Posts: 1 Newbie
    I had similar, 14 minutes and I gave up. Took about 10 minutes the second time. If this is the standard to be expected I am dreading the future with them. I can't say that I am happy with all of this. I tried asking NRAM where in my original contract it said that they could sell my contract without prior notice and pass all of my information over to a third party. I got the usual 'we can't tell you anything, talk to Heliodor'. I didn't take out a contract with Heliodor, why should I talk to them. And, doesn't GDPR have a part in all of this? Was the original contract compliant or should I have been offered a new one, as it would appear I am now in contract with Heliodor. So, shouldn't they have offered a GDPR compliant contract as it would seem that they are able to give my information to whomever they want according to the welcome pack.
    Can we get a class action going?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    It's common for debts to be sold on so I wouldn't be focusing on that aspect.

There's no breach of GDPR from what you've described.

If the mortgage has moved to Helidior, then you'll need to liaise with them.
  • LRW66
    LRW66 Posts: 18 Forumite
    My mortgage was also transferred to them last month.. at first thought it might be a good thing and I might escape NRAMs high rates , unfortunately not back to square one still a mortgage prisoner..
    I’ve read through so much on the subject in the last two days , I’ve approached a company (legal) saying it might be possible to put in a complaint about being trapped in a high interest mortgage and not being able to change , I’ve also contacted the ombudsman who advised to try doing this myself , so today I filled in NRam complaint form and requested all my details of accounts for last 15 years,
    I also found articles about mortgage prisoner action group who have instructed a London based law firm to look into this...
    I have spoken to the FCA and asked that when the measures for mortgage prisoners to be allowed a less stringent form of remortgage application was going to be coming into fruition, and been trying to find out what lenders have made accommodations for there ruling ... so far I can only see Ipswich building society advertising it ... they don’t lend in Scotland so that’s no good for me but maybe worth a call if you’re in the same boat!
    I’m going to wait for response from NRam and if it not what I expect will take advice from the ombudsman and Chase the issue through them!
    because I was on a intrest only mortgage , before NRam went under, and the fact due to a breakup in relationship and then NRam not offering any other rate or mortgages I was left as what’s described a mortgage prisoner.. as the more stringent expenditure checks won’t let me swap mortgage,this I find is wrong as what I pay in intrest only is the same as a lower rate repayment mortgage & I currently have 67k equity in property, up to date with payments and nowhere to turn as yet ! Any advice or help greatly appreciated
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure