NRAM mortgage -heliodor/topaz

Options
13»

Comments

• LRW66
    LRW66 Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    My complaint is that I can’t buy a new product.... why though !!!!!
    When I went through a separation a month after buying house I had to take out further loan to buy out x partner this was suggested that to make affordable went onto interest only and revert back to repayment later! Which obviously due to them no longer offering mortgages I couldn’t and the initial affordability they didn’t question at the time was no longer available when rates started dropping... so to answer your questions my complaint is that no I can’t change mortgage although I can afford too as the prices are the same for interest I’m paying now and repayment if I changed , and also the fact that I wouldn’t of been in this situation if they hadn’t gone under leading to 1000s like myself in this position, as they were not active lender neither were the companies they offloaded mortgages too there was no room for manoeuvre on the said interest rate , whereas if I’d been with another provider I could of changed deal in line with providers interest rate!
    Am I missing something?
  • SpiderLegs
    SpiderLegs Posts: 1,914 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    LRW66 wrote: »
    My complaint is that I can’t buy a new product.... why though !!!!!
    Perhaps we could find the reason somewhere in here?
    When I went through a separation a month after buying house I had to take out further loan to buy out x partner this was suggested that to make affordable went onto interest only and revert back to repayment later! Which obviously due to them no longer offering mortgages I couldn’t and the initial affordability they didn’t question at the time was no longer available when rates started dropping... so to answer your questions my complaint is that no I can’t change mortgage although I can afford too as the prices are the same for interest I’m paying now and repayment if I changed , and also the fact that I wouldn’t of been in this situation if they hadn’t gone under leading to 1000s like myself in this position, as they were not active lender neither were the companies they offloaded mortgages too there was no room for manoeuvre on the said interest rate , whereas if I’d been with another provider I could of changed deal in line with providers interest rate!
    Am I missing something?

Don’t you think it’s a bit ridiculous to complain that you can’t buy something that they don’t actually sell ?

I might complain to Tesco’s that I can’t buy a Ferrari off them, on the basis that I can’t afford one from a Ferrari dealership.
  • LRW66
    Options
    The fact they could no longer can sell it due to going under? The fact I signed a 25 year contact that wasn’t fulfilled, the fact that they sold to company that does not sell mortgages, the fact that the initial expenditure checks they carried out one month after initial mortgage was taken out and offered to me on one wage rather than initial two in first application?
    Nothing like buying a Ferrari from Tesco .. do a bit of reading on mortgage prisoners instead of trying to ridicule... if anything’s ridiculous then
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    There are a few lenders who bypass affordability checks for mortgage prisoners.

Do you not qualify to move to them?
  • LRW66
    Options
    I’m looking too see what lenders are being suggested by the FCAs new ruling , it’s pretty new so keeping my eye open for them ... Ipswich building society do it but they don’t lend in Scotland !
  • BlofJe777
    Options
    We paid our mortgage at the end of November with all the correct details. They refunded our mortgage payment to our account 19 days laterusing our mortgage reference. when we checked on their website it showed we were in arrears.
    Waiting for their explanation
    Hope it doesn't affect our credit rating. We've been paying on time. crazy!!!
    Has this happened to anyone else?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport