And now the fuse is lit...

Options

Comments

• ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    You have a wrapping paper box now, Z? (I'm catching up, don't shoot me) ... tres impressive.

Not really - I went for the cheapy...

It does store a lot of rolls though - I will give it that.
    Sorry people are having a go at you :( its not a good feeling :(

I find it annoying. It's one of the things that actually gets my goat when I'm trying to be nice and it blows up in my face.

There is however, an easy fix.
    I've ended up writing safety reminders in my diary (don't send the dragons after that person who revved up at 4.30 this morning, that sort of thing).

Send the dragons. Dragons are fun.
    Fluffiness, see? :):):)

Send the dragons! :D
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,296 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Linky to the cheapie please. Thanks.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • ZTD
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Linky to the cheapie please. Thanks.

It's the link I posted on Ed's thread a month ago. It seems to be dead now.

That's a surprise - there were a whole pile of them when I went to the shop.
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    ZTD wrote: »
    I am now a member of the "wrapping paper box" bourgeois... :D

Oh not you as well - how are they even a thing?!
    Thanks gallygirl:A

I have wrapping box envy too:rotfl:

I haven't. If I got one I'd only need to find somewhere to store it - and I just bet that "somewhere" would be the drawer under the bed where the wrapping paper currently lives...
    Well, don't know what it has been about this week, but so many people have either had a go, or at least had a dig when I've tried to be kind or helpful to them.

But at least I've kept reasonably calm, and not starred in "Z goes Joe Pesci..." :rotfl:

You're reserving that for next week? ;)

Look at it this way - things can only get better, right? *crosses fingers*
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • ZTD
    Options
    Oh not you as well - how are they even a thing?!

Because I was storing them in two Christmas themed bags (tied mouth to mouth), and the ends were getting chewed up.
    I haven't. If I got one I'd only need to find somewhere to store it - and I just bet that "somewhere" would be the drawer under the bed where the wrapping paper currently lives...

It's standing on its end in the wardrobe. I have a lot of rolls of wrapping paper... :whistle:
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Send the dragons. Dragons are fun. Send the dragons! :D

:j I'm rather liking Daenerys Stormborn and her dragons, I must say :D
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • ZTD
    Options
    So, today I have learned:
    1. Loose change has a lot of momentum
    2. Don't keep footwear in the porch
    3. Virgin didn't close down their local branch like Leeds have

Every day is a learning experience.

Alas...
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • beanielou
    Options
    I take it 1 & 2 are linked.
    What happened?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• ZTD
    Options
    I take it 1 & 2 are linked.
    What happened?

They're only linked very tangentially.

Essentially, as you know, I've been using my copious supply of loose change to buy shopping. I've been keeping it in a plastic tub in my boot. I pulled out of a junction a bit sharpish earlier this week, and heard a smash and a tinkle.

I said "Oh darn" and "Oh dash" and other words to that effect.

I'd accelerated such that the tub had smacked into the back of my boot, and it had ripped the lid off. Loose change everywhere. I've just been out to collect it all back up and put it back in the tub.

To do that, I have croc-alikes in the back porch as sort of waterproof slippers. It hasn't been the best of temperatures, the porch was cold, the footware was cold and now my feet are only slowly warming up.

It's a case of finding somewhere else (warm) to put them. The tumble dryer is looking inviting...

I hope people read all this, and pray that they can cope if their lives ever get to be this "rock and roll"...

:rotfl:
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • beanielou
    Options
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure