Wrapping Xmas Presents Today...!

Options
Hi, my order from Amazon has just arrived so wrapping them up today! Yes, I know long time off yet but the kids would only find them if I didn't! I bought the LFC,Match,Spongebob square pants annuals all half price from WHSmith, as well as the guiness book of records for £9, (with instore free delivery) and from Amazon the latest Jamie Oliver cook book and letters on the loose-leapster game, free delivery over £15...69 days to go...
:j
misspiggy wrote: »
I'm sure you're an angel in disguise Victory :)

Comments

• hazzie123
    hazzie123 Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hope you`ve wrote a list of what you have already bought? Dont want to rebuy them.

Hope your not like me and wrap things up early then hide them,then only find them in April!
    Debt Free Date:10/09/2007 :j :money:
  • sophiesmum_2
    sophiesmum_2 Posts: 4,965 Forumite
    Options
    Wrapped mine in August, they are now in parents loft in black bags waiting for xmas. had to make a list so I would remember what I had bought everyone. Only got chocs and edibles to get now.:j :j Love it when xmas comes and everything is paid for and organised.

sophiesmum
    Reduce,re-use, recycle.

• CarolnMalky
    CarolnMalky Posts: 14,254 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    :T well done to all you organised people!!

We only have a few people to buy for, so we have a good idea of what we are going to buy and have a couple of bits n bobs in already!
    Carol
    If you obey all the rules...you miss all the fun!! Katherine Hepburn
  • earthmother
    earthmother Posts: 2,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I need to start wrapping soon.

Bought most of the presents already - some in the January sales - just a couple of nieces/nephews to find something for and a load of crafts and baking to do nearer the time :)

I only have 4 hours a week where I'm safe to wrap toys (when eldest is at school and middle son at playgroup), so I definitely need to get organised after half term.

Last year I was wrapping toys (very quietly) on the kitchen table at 1.00am Christmas Day - never again

:)
    DFW Nerd no. 884 - Proud to [strike]be dealing with[/strike] have dealt with my debts
  • Lillibet_2
    Lillibet_2 Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have to have a Christmas wrapping Day & it has to be in December & I have to watch Christmas films/listen to Christmas music when I am doing it. It is one of my Christmas traditions! Normally do it the first weekend in December with the tree going up the 2nd weekend. I coudlnt' dio it too soon, I'm an@l about the wrapping & it has to be perfect & squashed bows do not make for perfect!
    Post Natal Depression is the worst part of giving birth:p

In England we have Mothering Sunday & Father Christmas, Mothers day & Santa Clause are American merchandising tricks:mad: Demonstrate pride in your heirtage by getting it right please people!
  • victory
    victory Posts: 16,188 Forumite
    Options
    yes I write a list! I have a lockable cupboard that the kids know as the 'christmas cupboard' I had to! They are so sneaky, so to save all the worrying of have they seen them,etc I bought a lock for the cupboard and they all stay there until the night before xmas..ha,ha xxx
    misspiggy wrote: »
    I'm sure you're an angel in disguise Victory :)
  • emilyt
    emilyt Posts: 2,051 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lillibet wrote:
    I have to have a Christmas wrapping Day & it has to be in December & I have to watch Christmas films/listen to Christmas music when I am doing it. It is one of my Christmas traditions! Normally do it the first weekend in December with the tree going up the 2nd weekend. I coudlnt' dio it too soon, I'm an@l about the wrapping & it has to be perfect & squashed bows do not make for perfect!

Yes me too Lillibet. All part of christmas for me. I enjoy wrapping up the presents more than unwrapping them. I sit in front of a nice coalfire eating ferrera rocho listening to my christmas cd.
    When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile :D
  • yorkshirepud_2
    Options
    lots of my pressies bought already. Mum started wrapping hers already when she was too broken to work and well bored. We normally drink sherry or port, which ever is closest, whilst wrapping pressies. The alchol just helps with the wrapping things up and putting the wrong labels on so people do get a real surprise on xmas day. Dont do that on purpose but we had a few errors last year
    :beer:
  • Rikki
    Rikki Posts: 21,625 Forumite
    Options
    Having Christmas at Mums. Took some wrapped present down last week.
    Too many to try and hide in the car on the Christmas eve journey.
    £2 Coins Savings Club 2012 is £4 :).............................NCFC member No: 00005.........

......................................................................TCNC member No: 00008
    NPFM 21
  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I need to find somewhere else to hide mine, so little storage most are inthe pantry and fell on me when I went to get the sugar earlier, ooops.

Might wrap them before I send them to someone else for safe keeping, incase the kids start snooping there (usually go to grandparents) save me dashing about just before xmas too.
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure