PPI and bankruptcy

Options
Hi I'm new to this so here goes. I know the LAW says you can not re-claim PPI from before a bankruptcy. But if you had loans and mortgages that were payed off in full with PPI on them , then became bankrupt years later . If the PPI I payed was more than what I went bankrupt for to HSBC I should be able to find out the figures and if it was more I didn't have to be made bankrupt. Any help out there

Comments

• fwor
    fwor Posts: 6,811 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 12 April 2018 at 9:11PM
    Options
    Google finds this:

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/debt-and-money/debt-solutions/bankruptcy-2/ppi-claims-after-bankruptcy/

I'm certainly no expert on bankruptcy, but it doesn't seem likely that you shouldn't have been declared bankrupt because of money owed to you at the time you went bankrupt that you didn't know about - or is that not what you mean?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    agbell wrote: »
    If the PPI I payed was more than what I went bankrupt for to HSBC I should be able to find out the figures and if it was more I didn't have to be made bankrupt. Any help out there
    The law says the proceeds from any PPI complaint are a pre-bankruptcy asset which belongs to the Official Receiver for redistribution to your former creditors.

All of this assumes that any PPI you had was mis-sold, of course. If the PPI was not mis-sold, it will not be refunded.

Nothing you have said makes you somehow immune to this fact.

Sorry
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport