Old shares

Options
I found some old paperwork that suggests I may have been given some BAT shares when I worked at Eagle Star years ago.
My attempts to find out if I do have shares have stalled as I cant find out who to ask.

Any advice

TIA Callie

Comments

• roger_c
    roger_c Posts: 320 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I would suggest contacting the share registrars (see above link) and ask them for help. They might need previous addresses , etc, but if you have some paperwork there may be a shareholder reference number on it that they would use to find you more easily.
  • Vortigern
    Vortigern Posts: 3,247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 9 July 2018 at 3:11PM
    Options
    If you follow the link in post #2 you can find the dividend history. BATs have been paying regular dividends. Have you been receiving these? Have you moved house, or changed bank, since you acquired these shares?

[STRIKE]I'm curious as to why you'd be given shares in British American Tobacco while working for Eagle Star. Are you sure it was BAT?[/STRIKE]

ETA It seems Eagle Star was acquired by BAT in 1984. Curiosity satisfied.
  • Callie444
    Options
    I worked there 30 years ago when I left school, thats what I found an old cheque. As I recall the job entailed a lot of stappling and putting letters in envelopes....

I know shocking but who has sense when they are 18!!

Thanks for all yor assistance, I phoned them and they were extremely helpful
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure