Adobe Stock

Options
I recently signed up to a free trial for Adobe Stock, a website that offers royalty free photos. I forgot to cancel my subscription, and was billed £23 for a month. I thought I could just cancel and that would be that. But Adobe are charging me £119 cancellation fee. Now I'm really worried. This was not made clear when I joined. I don't want to pay it. I contacted their customer service department and they said they would refund the cancellation fee, but my card is empty. I don't trust them to refund it. What can I do? Will they come after me? Now really anxious about this.

Comments

• Pingu1
    Pingu1 Posts: 94 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm going to block the card so no more money can be taken from it.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,206 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Pingu1 wrote: »
    I recently signed up to a free trial for Adobe Stock, a website that offers royalty free photos. I forgot to cancel my subscription, and was billed £23 for a month. I thought I could just cancel and that would be that. But Adobe are charging me £119 cancellation fee. Now I'm really worried. This was not made clear when I joined. I don't want to pay it. I contacted their customer service department and they said they would refund the cancellation fee, but my card is empty. I don't trust them to refund it. What can I do? Will they come after me? Now really anxious about this.

A quick look at the site suggests £119 is the basic annual fee which is broken down into monthly payments it says:

750 standard assets a month
    £11999 /mo
    (Only £0.15/asset)
    Buy now
    Annual plan, paid monthly
    Additional standard assets: £0.69/ea

So that sugegsts that by optiong for the annual yearly policy you are charged each year and as you cancelled after that first paid for year has started then you are liable for the rest of the payments in one go. It doesn't look like a cancellation fee, just the rest of the contracted payments in one lump rather than monthly.

The free trial is as follows

10 standard assets a month
    £1999 /mo
    (Only £1.99/asset)
    Free 1 month trial
    First month free, then £19.99/mo
    Cancel risk-free within the first month
    Annual plan, paid monthly
    Additional standard assets: £1.99/ea
    Rollover up to 120 standard assets with plan renewal

and again that is on a yearly contract paid monthly at a rate of £19.99 a month (£239.88 a year) so rather than charge you for the plan you chose, they have switched you to the cheaper plan and are charging you that.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,206 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Pingu1 wrote: »
    I'm going to block the card so no more money can be taken from it.

If they were going to refund they will do so via the original payment method, so haven't you just prevented them from refunding?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Pingu1
    Pingu1 Posts: 94 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The card I used had no funds on it, so no payment could be taken. I phoned them today and I think they have waived the fee. They were talking about a refund again. I made a note of the time and date I called, along with the name of the person I spoke to. They seemed friendly on the phone. Apparently because I clicked through the cancellation, I 'agreed' to the fee. Truth is, I panicked when I saw it and didn't think properly. I will see if I get another email saying my payment information needs to be updated.
  • Adobe always will give you a free month, but Adobe stock is a B2B contract and are twelve months. This is in your terms and conditions. They will come chasing for fulfilment of the contract. Cancelling the card will not relieve you of this contract.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure