Online tax rebates ltd?

Options

Comments

• ss1591ss
    ss1591ss Posts: 33 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 9 February 2019 at 8:42PM
    Options
    refers to a claim from oct 2015, so the refund is from 2015 not 2017, the initial cheque was from the HMRC at this time which I forgot to cash

ONLINE TAX REBATES LTD cheque is dated may 2017 but have been putting it off, need to sort it now
  • Dazed_and_confused
    Options
    Won't the May 2017 cheque be too old to bank now?
  • ss1591ss
    Options
    I can have a new one issued
  • chrisbur
    chrisbur Posts: 4,054 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    From T&Cs of Online Tax Rebates Ltd
    "In the event that a replacement cheque is required we will charge an administration fee of £25 + VAT for each additional cheque following the original.

Where refunds remain unclaimed for more than a year we will charge a £25 holding fee against funds not claimed, annually, on the anniversary of the date of issue of the original settlement cheque to the client, if the cheque remains uncashed. "
  • ss1591ss
    Options
    I spoke to HMRC to re-send me the cheque after the original and it came through OTR so I will do the same and contact HMRC, as for the charge I will see when it arrives
  • Pennywise
    Pennywise Posts: 13,468 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ss1591ss wrote: »
    I spoke to HMRC to re-send me the cheque after the original and it came through OTR so I will do the same and contact HMRC, as for the charge I will see when it arrives

Until you tell HMRC directly to stop paying refunds to OTR, they'll carry on doing it as per your original instruction. If OTR receive and have to foward another cheque, they'll take another fee for doing it. Until you cut them out of the loop, you'll carry on paying.
  • linktec2011
    linktec2011 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 10 April 2019 at 11:45AM
    Options
    This company is a {Edited by Forum Team}, they {Edited by Forum Team} my tax rebate for my work uniform, no contact on their website apart from an email address in which they never respond. HMRC sent them a cheque in my behalf they instantly cashed it in a never sent any money to me.

Here is the information I have found about these {Edited by Forum Team}:

They use a company called Birmingham Virtual Office and the address is.. House, 24 – 26 Regents Place, City Centre, Birmingham, which is the same address that 'Online Tax Rebates LTD' ({Edited by Forum Team}) have on their website, contact tel number 0121 7360 323 <-- this company is facilitating the {Edited by Forum Team} by giving them a virtual UK address.

Upon contacting HMRC they give me the details of where the cheque was posted to. this is:
    HWTR
    P.O Box 6759
    Wallsaw
    WS9 1BQ

This is as far as i could get with the info of these {Edited by Forum Team} , hope this helps someone.
  • Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,459 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    they stole my tax rebate

What are the Police doing about it?
  • General_Grant
    Options
    This company is a scam, they stole my tax rebate for my work uniform, no contact on their website apart from an email address in which they never respond. HMRC sent them a cheque in my behalf they instantly cashed it in a never sent any money to me.

Here is the information I have found about these scammers:

They use a company called Birmingham Virtual Office and the address is.. House, 24 – 26 Regents Place, City Centre, Birmingham, which is the same address that 'Online Tax Rebates LTD' (the scammers) have on their website, contact tel number 0121 7360 323 <-- this company is facilitating the fraud by giving them a virtual UK address.

Upon contacting HMRC they give me the details of where the cheque was posted to. this is:
    HWTR
    P.O Box 6759
    Wallsaw
    WS9 1BQ

This is as far as i could get with the info of these scammers , hope this helps someone.

Wallsaw?

Did you read the terms of the agreement to which you signed up? I don't know this particular company but, if they operate like others I have come across, they charge a fee which is a percentage of the amount retrieved and subject to a minimum.

I think you will find advice on MSE about being able claim yourself - and then you get 100% of the refund.
  • Cook_County
    Cook_County Posts: 3,085 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    This company is a scam, they stole my tax rebate for my work uniform, no contact on their website apart from an email address in which they never respond. HMRC sent them a cheque in my behalf they instantly cashed it in a never sent any money to me.

Here is the information I have found about these scammers:

They use a company called Birmingham Virtual Office and the address is.. House, 24 – 26 Regents Place, City Centre, Birmingham, which is the same address that 'Online Tax Rebates LTD' (the scammers) have on their website, contact tel number 0121 7360 323 <-- this company is facilitating the fraud by giving them a virtual UK address.

HWTR
    P.O Box 6759
    Wallsaw
    WS9 1BQ

This is as far as i could get with the info of these scammers , hope this helps someone.
    I would complain to your MP that Parliament allows unqualified tax advisers to trade at all.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback