When Amazon Click and Collect doesn't work

Options
I need a new battery charger, and have had a specific make and model recommended to me for the battery I have.

Since I have an unspent Amazon gift voucher, I went on to Amazon and found the one I am looking for. It says "Note: This item is eligible for click and collect." That's handy, as I may not be in when Amazon's cheapest courier arrives.

So I add the item to my basket, and add a new click and collect address. But as soon as I try to buy the thing, it says "This item is not eligible for delivery to an Amazon Collection Location. Please select another address." Huh? :huh:

Looking at the on-line help, maybe that delivery address can't take parcels at the moment. So I go through a cycle of removing it from the basket, deleting the delivery location, and ordering it again to another pick-up point. It fails every time.

I contacted Amazon customer help. They have no idea why it doesn't work either. It seems that the item cannot be delivered to a pick-up point, even though the description says it can.

That's a chunk of my evening wasted because Amazon can't sort out their delivery options. :mad:
If it sticks, force it.
If it breaks, well it wasn't working right anyway.

Comments

• nomoneytoday
    Options
    AFAIK C&C is only available for items that Amazon sell directly. If it's a 3rd party seller using Amazon then the seller's delivery methods would be used.

Why not deliver the item to a friend who will be in, or your workplace?
  • shaun_from_Africa
    Options
    I had exactly the same issue a short while ago and after a lot of communications with the Amazon staff, it turned out that for some strange reason the item had been listed as something that was an age restricted item and as such could only be delivered to a house where someone would have to sign for it.

I did the same as you and tried half a dozen different local pick up points and none would work.
    It was a cutting board and the word "cutting" may have confused the computer into thinking it was a knife, something that can't go to a click and collect or locker location.
  • Ectophile
    Ectophile Posts: 7,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    AFAIK C&C is only available for items that Amazon sell directly. If it's a 3rd party seller using Amazon then the seller's delivery methods would be used.

Why not deliver the item to a friend who will be in, or your workplace?

It's a "fulfilled by Amazon" item. So I think that means they dispatch it.

I ended up buying from another supplier who send by Royal Mail. So I could just pick it up from the local sorting office.
    If it sticks, force it.
    If it breaks, well it wasn't working right anyway.
  • parkrunner
    parkrunner Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ectophile wrote: »
    It's a "fulfilled by Amazon" item. So I think that means they dispatch it.

I ended up buying from another supplier who send by Royal Mail. So I could just pick it up from the local sorting office.

Amazon sends loads of stuff by royal mail.
    It's nothing , not nothink.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport