useful ebay links

Options
soolin
soolin Posts: 72,206 Ambassador
Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
I've been doing a search for certain bits of policy on ebay (I'm still going) but decided to start a list of useful bits I have stumbled across, I'll add to this as I find more:

shipping policy including not changing postal options)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/default/shipping-policy?id=5035&st=3&pos=3&query=Shipping%20policy&intent=lat%20delivery&context=DEFAULT_SELLER&lucenceai=lucenceai

seller standards:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/selling/seller-levels-performance-standards?id=4080&st=7&po=3&uci=0&ri=0

Late delivery rates

To provide your buyers with a great service, it's important to make sure you send your items on time. Late delivery rates are determined by the percentage of transactions that you either sent after the dispatch time stated in your listing, or were not delivered by your estimated delivery date.

We'll only consider a delivery as late if:

Tracking shows the item was delivered after the estimated delivery date, unless there's an acceptance scan within your dispatch time or there's confirmation from the buyer of on-time delivery
The buyer confirms the item was delivered after the estimated delivery date, unless there's an acceptance scan within your dispatch time or there's delivery confirmation by the estimated delivery date
If more than 10% of your transactions are classified as late deliveries, we may limit some of the postage options available to you to make sure buyers have the right expectations on delivery times
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Comments

• soolin
    Options
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • soolin
    Options
    This has cropped up a couple of times this week so I thought I would post a link:

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/micropayments

The account is suitable for lower payments as the fixed fee part of the charge is only 5p , although the percentage is higher. This also means on a cancelled or refunded sale you only lose 5P.
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 16 October 2019 at 11:31PM
    Options
    soolin wrote: »
    This has cropped up a couple of times this week so I thought I would post a link:

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/micropayments

The account is suitable for lower payments as the fixed fee part of the charge is only 5p , although the percentage is higher. This also means on a cancelled or refunded sale you only lose 5P.

I have looked it up and it seems to only for business accounts and you have to ring paypal to add it to your account.

Would there be any implications opening a business account when you are a private seller?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure