Special delivery on a Saturday?

Options
So I have bought 4-5 items all with special delivery and they were posted yesterday. Will they arrive today or would it be Monday?

There website says gurenteed next day but on the Royal Mail sure says extra for Saturday delivery so unsure what day they will come.

Anyone had a special delivery on a Saturday?

Comments

• extrafisher
    Options
    there is SD on saturday but seller has to pay extra, though it is likely standard SD would still arrive on saturdays.

It is a bit annoying as you cant charge more for SD on friday than thursday. But then most mail sent on a friday arrives on monday so you may as well send 2nd class.

But to answer question you would need to ask them
  • preable
    preable Posts: 2,114 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Thanks just contacted them on fb and they replied straight away saying will arrive today so fingers crossed they all arrive :)
  • martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,218 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I find that in practice most SD items to private addresses posted on a Friday get delivered on Saturday even though the supplement for Saturday delivery has not been paid. Of course no compensation would be payable unless it had still not been delivered by 1pm on Monday.
  • GabbaGabbaHey
    Options
    martindow wrote: »
    I find that in practice most SD items to private addresses posted on a Friday get delivered on Saturday even though the supplement for Saturday delivery has not been paid.
    That has also been my experience.
    Philip
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    there is SD on saturday but seller has to pay extra, though it is likely standard SD would still arrive on saturdays.

It is a bit annoying as you cant charge more for SD on friday than thursday. But then most mail sent on a friday arrives on monday so you may as well send 2nd class.

But to answer question you would need to ask them

You dont necessarily need to pay extra.
    SDs are not delayed if they haven't had the Saturday premium paid.
    Its simply that if theres an issue the Saturday guarantee items will be prioritised.
    So the majority of Friday SDs will arrive Saturday.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure