Social service possible cutting support hours?

Options
We had somebody from county hall come out to our supported living complex and assess us all individually, they are looking to cut hours. I get 21 hours support a week and my manager said that keeps me well and has prevented me from being sectioned in 18 months when before then it was twice a year for 8 years. The assesser said I can look into the NHS funding some/all my care package. I think this will be a better option for me because I don’t have to worry about future cuts from social services. I have a CPA in a few weeks and will bring it up then. Do you have a NHS budget and how does it work.

Comments

• nicetomeetyou
    Options
    I didn’t get my support hours cut. Still get 21 hours a week.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I didn’t get my support hours cut. Still get 21 hours a week.

GReat news for you :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • nicetomeetyou
    Options
    It seems Nottingham county council are assessing everybody with support pacakages. My housemate had an assessment same time as me two weeks ago and received letter today saving he has to contribute £31 a week out his ESA (wrag) and DLA (middle care) to pay towards his support package. I think they are going to charge everybody now. I’m on a section 117 aftercare so I‘ll be okay. What the community care officer said about my package is the they are going to ask NHS health to pay half of my package. I receive a lot of support from health anyway. I have a CPA meeting next week, will found out more then.
  • Ames
    Ames Posts: 18,459 Forumite
    Options
    That's how social services works in most of the country. They do a financial assessment to decide how much you need to pay.

In purely financial terms, you're very lucky to be on a CTO and not having to pay out of your benefits.
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.
  • Nannytone
    Nannytone Posts: 501 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    In Derbyshire no means-tested benefits are touched but you have to contribute out of middle rate DLA care or standard rate Pip daily living.

4 years ago the co payment was 50% of the above benefits. This year it has risen to 80%.

I pay £170 every 4 weeks but I'm lucky enough to receive 22 hours a week so I'm more than happy with the amount I contribute/B]
  • nicetomeetyou
    Options
    The housemate who has to pay £31 a week towards his support package is under the Aspergers team. My other housemate is under the Learning Disabilty team and he hasn’t received a letter saying he has to pay toward his support. We all had our assessments the same day so if County Hall did a blanket charge for people who receive support why hasn’t he received a letter? Do you think people with LDs are exempt?
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,960 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    My daughter has a LD. Is under the learning disabilities team and will receive 12 hours of support per week, when it starts. It's taking ages. It will also be topped up with respite care. She receives Enhanced rate for both PIP and is a full time student at college. She doesn't have to pay towards hers either but i have no idea how it works. This is all new to me and have never dealt with anything like this before.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure