How to cancel Experian membership?

Options

Comments

• GettinBetter
    Options
    Just searched the Experian site for a way to cancel, after seeing my recent bank statement showing the removal of £14.99 each month!! I mean, I never look at it so why is it so expensive?
    The way I see it is that you only use it when something goes wrong, something is declined, etc. So what are we to do...Oh yes, sign up for the free trial, than cancel as soon as we've got our info.....Its a glaring loop hole which they try to cover by not adding a exit link.
    Well, thanks for the number, but it just goes to show how shady the company is that won't allow you to leave without having to go elsewhere to get help. There should be a regulation to cover that sort of practice, and they should get people to make a token payment before seeing any info, not rip them off every month.
    History Teaches Us That, History Doesn't Teach Us
  • Gordon_Hose
    Gordon_Hose Posts: 6,259 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Noddle is free and gives you an updated report every month :)
  • bbbeans
    Options
    I just tried one of the numbers listed on this post but found it had been changed
    I rang 0844 481 0800 and selected option 4
    Very quickly answered - I stood my ground when they asked the "are you sure" and "why not have this instead" questions and very soon they agreed to cancel and sent an email confirming this within the minute.
    Polite, effective and speedy. i realise that's not everyone's experience but it worked for me. 26 July 2013
  • katejo
    katejo Posts: 3,820 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    bbbeans wrote: »
    I just tried one of the numbers listed on this post but found it had been changed
    I rang 0844 481 0800 and selected option 4
    Very quickly answered - I stood my ground when they asked the "are you sure" and "why not have this instead" questions and very soon they agreed to cancel and sent an email confirming this within the minute.
    Polite, effective and speedy. i realise that's not everyone's experience but it worked for me. 26 July 2013

Still keep an eye on your credit card account. I did as you have done back in February. Then in early March I had to cancel the credit card used for unrelated reasons. I went away for a few days and, on my return found a leter to say that they had tried to take a first payment from me. I emailed them several times and sent them a copy of my receipt to confirm cancellation. They just ignored it and sent me more reminders. I eventually had to ring again. This time they were forced to accept that I had cancelled. I was told that a member of staff had cancelled my membership but had then accidentally reinstated it! If that was correct why didn't they reply to my earlier emails? I don't intend to ever join again.
  • paulpaddison
    Options
    just been reading the terms and conditons and from number 7 to 7.8 makes some intresting reading about emailing to cancel. I have just emailed them in the hope they will cancel if not will call them. :mad:
  • GrowYourOwn_2
    Options
    The freephone number is on the site. Click the 'need help?' tab, then click 'my membersip', then 'How do I cancel my membership?'. I know we know this already, but it is there.
  • paulpaddison
    Options
    just been reading the terms and conditons and from number 7 to 7.8 makes some intresting reading about emailing to cancel. I have just emailed them in the hope they will cancel if not will call them. :mad:

Dear Mr Paddison

Thank you for your email, which we received on 30/08/2013.

*Cancellation of your membership

I am sorry that you want to leave CreditExpert.

I have cancelled your CreditExpert membership which includes Identity Fraud Expenses Insurance.

At the end of your free trial period, you will no longer have access to the CreditExpert service and you will no longer be covered by Identity Fraud Expenses Insurance.

As well as this, you will not be charged a monthly membership fee.

:j
  • pawelecze
    Options
    Hi,

I had an account on credit expert for a trial period. I contacted them to cancel my membership, but they still took money off my account at the end of the month. They are not a reliable company.

Cheers,
  • mandarin24
    Options
    Was on the phone just now to Laura, to cancel my account.

She explained I had variations of my address to my account and said that lenders can see information I can't. She amended the variations after very patiently telling me again and again what she was talking about as I really didn't understand.

Anyway due to my office phone line being disconnected for repairs, we got cut off but I received an email whilst I was on the phone to her confirming the cancellation.

So aside from being on the phone for 15mins before we got cut off (make sure you call the 0800 number!), I happy my account is now closed.
  • taskey
    taskey Posts: 253 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    just phoned and spoke to a very nice lady. was offered the £2.99 per month option, but refused. minutes later email was received advising account is cancelled.

easy peasy :)

tracy
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family