Most reliable/best ISP

Options
I've just won my case against BT through the Ombudsman for Communications. I should be able to leave unpenalised within the next month or so. Im wary of making a bad choice after dealing with the total incompetence shown to me by BT and was wondering (if such a thing exists) which internet service provider is known to be rated best by customers? Im looking fr unlimited broadband and live in a city so have access to most ISPs.

Anyone any recommendations? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Mister_G
    Mister_G Posts: 1,926 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    As others will tell you, Andrews & Arnold and Zen are considered by many to be the best. Of course, they are not the cheapest by quite a long way.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You checked google for the lovemoney link on best and worst for broadband providers ?

I'm with Virgin Media and its great, no issues other than the very rare issue where there's no internet but its quickly fixed.
  • boliston
    boliston Posts: 3,012 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mister_G wrote: »
    As others will tell you, Andrews & Arnold and Zen are considered by many to be the best. Of course, they are not the cheapest by quite a long way.

I have had A&A (aaisp) since 2000 and they are good but not aimed at people who want cheap - i pay £50 per month for 1000GB FTTC plus £10 per month for line rental (transfer speed is 80mb/s down and 20mb/s up) - they also do 300GB FTTC for £45 and a 200GB service for £35
  • onomatopoeia99
    onomatopoeia99 Posts: 6,964 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Andrews and Arnold are the best. Got to ISPreview and click on "top 10" and see which ISP is top ;)

I have used them since 2003 (never "switched") and recommend them.
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • Terry98
    Terry98 Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I am in the process of looking for a new ISP at the moment and had never heard of ISPreview .

It will be a great help.
  • fishybusiness
    fishybusiness Posts: 1,263 Forumite
    Options
    A&A, Zen and Aquiss from my own experience.

Aquiss are my current provider. I'm sure there are more, but the best has to be quantifiable and sit with the right +ve's for you.

I like Aquiss because speed is always great, support has been amazing for some tech bits I have needed and their billing system is easy to work with.

Oh, also I have true unlimited GB's, which with a house full of near teenagers, Prime, and tablets is really a must.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure