Help? Poor service from task rabbit for Ikea

Options
I have read with interest the various threads on this forum for how good and cheap task rabbit is and how the user (ie me) would say what they were prepared to pay and people offer to do the work. We bought 4 Ikea wardrobes with sliding doors and task rabbit are the recommended installers. We were told how much we would pay by task rabbit and paid nearly £300 for the work which on line said would take 2 men 13 hours but actually took 2 men about 4/5 hours. Anyway we left then to it, they installed, we had a quick look at the wardobes as the guys were at the front door by this stage and left. On closer inspection the back of the wardrobes are not connected to the internal shelves in all places, the doors are not all level etc. We have been trying to contact task rabbit every since to get ths rectified (3 days). There is only an emergency line and no one has called back yet despite leaving about 6 messages and no other way to talk to anyone. Does anyone know how to contact them or suggest what else to do? Ikea are not interested. The whole service offered by task rabbit has been pretty disastrous.

Comments

• Fosterdog
    Fosterdog Posts: 4,948 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I've built a fair bit of ikea furniture over the years including wardrobes and I've never seen the backing boards attached to the shelves, they are nailed in around the edges of the frame and sometimes across a supporting full width shelf, but the whole point of Ikea furniture is how adaptable it is so the shelves should be easily movable/removable if you want to change the layout at any time. That wouldn't be possible without causing damage if the were attached to the backing.

The doors not being level could be down to the floor not being level, have you checked that first?
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Ikea spend millions in R&D specifically to ensure their flat-pack furniture can be put up by anyone. Why on earth would you pay nearly £300 to install a few wardrobes which are probably the most easiest of things to do. As above, the backing is nailed to the frame only, not the shelves. How far out are the doors, they can be adjusted.
  • bertiewhite
    bertiewhite Posts: 1,904 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business