phone rings twice and then nothing

Options
I tried to ring my landline with my mobile. First time the mobile phone rang (but not the landline phone) and then i got number unobtainable.

2nd time my cordless phone rang twice but the corded phone did nothing and i got unobtainable again.
Third time was the same as the first but fourth time the corded rang but not the cordless .
Fifth time corded phone rang , cordless didnt , so l left it running hoping voicemail would kick in. Unfortunately it did not get that far as once i got the unobtainable sound. Are my phones faulty
Then i got my wife to ring me, with mixed results .Once she got through but the second time she wants able to leave a message as let it ring.
The fault is intermittent but I do not know whether it is the landline or the corded/ cordless phones themselves.
Any ideas? thanks
Argentine by birth,English by nature

Comments

• Bigphil1474
    Bigphil1474 Posts: 2,416 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Unplug both phones, then try one at a time from master socket. If neither work properly in your master socket, then it could be the socket or the line into the house. Normally BT Openreach are responsible for outside line and up to the master socket. You will need to contact your telephone line supplier and ask them to fix - you can't go direct to openreach.
    If they work individually ok, then try them together in both configurations. You should eventually find the problem.
  • Exemplar
    Exemplar Posts: 1,604 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Unplug both phones, then try one at a time from master socket. If neither work properly in your master socket, then it could be the socket or the line into the house. Normally BT Openreach are responsible for outside line and up to the master socket. You will need to contact your telephone line supplier and ask them to fix - you can't go direct to openreach.
    If they work individually ok, then try them together in both configurations. You should eventually find the problem.

This. Ask them to run a PSTN test.
    'Just because its on the internet don't believe it 100%'. Abraham Lincoln.

I have opinions, you have opinions. All of our opinions are valid whether they are based on fact or feeling. Respect other peoples opinions, stop forcing your opinions on other people and the world will be a happier place.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure