ClaimEasy sending me comms telling me a claim is being re-opened

Options
Hi There
I went through all this and I think I got a small sum from Santander for a mortgage I originally had with Abbey National (Remember them!).

Out of nowhere today I got two identical letters from ClaimEazy telling me the claim is being re-opened. Heaven only knows where the paperwork is now... it was years ago, maybe even before I moved into my current house, and I have foudn ClaimEazy to be a complete nightmare in terms of persistent contact and constant mailing.

Has anyone else seen/had this from old/completed claims?
  • Mortgage @ March 2008: £194,965 ; Lightbulb Moment: July 2011: £164,926; End Date: March 2033
  • MORTGAGE FREE: September 2015
  • MSE 1p Savings Challenge 2024 #50: Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec = £223.84/£671.61

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Probably. But that's not important.

Ignore the letters.
  • The_squirrell
    Options
    As above....ignore the letters!

I hope that they are not using the details they have on you to open "other claims" without you agreeing to it. There have been examples of CMC's doing this
    I work in Data Protection and spend my days dealing with CMC's. Only here trying to help!!
  • Hurdler
    Hurdler Posts: 1,361 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Yeah the letters are in my pile of things to shred...
    • Mortgage @ March 2008: £194,965 ; Lightbulb Moment: July 2011: £164,926; End Date: March 2033
    • MORTGAGE FREE: September 2015
    • MSE 1p Savings Challenge 2024 #50: Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec = £223.84/£671.61
  • SonOf
    SonOf Posts: 2,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    As the original complaint was closed and claimeasy didnt pursue any extra amount at the time, they have no authority to act on your behalf (as per published guidelines).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure