PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Allocated Parking Dispute

Options
2»

Comments

• davidmcn
    davidmcn Posts: 23,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    56runner wrote: »
    When I type my address on Land Registry search it comes up with my parking bay marked in red. The supermarket asked us to sign an agreement saying they can give us 2 weeks' to terminate.
    You're still not giving us much idea of whether you have a title and what sort of title it is. You can't "terminate" a freehold title. They can buy it from you. Obviously, if you're not interested, then don't sign!
  • 56runner
    Options
    I have not signed any agreement from the supermarket. I did download the title deeds and it came up under my address. I am going to see my solicitor next week. Your replies have really helped and I am so impressed with this forum. Thank you so much.
  • 56runner
    Options
    RedFraggle - Your quote is very rude. I am a pensioner and obviously not as up to date or as clever as you.
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 22 September 2018 at 7:16AM
    Options
    RedFraggle - Your quote is very rude. I am a pensioner and obviously not as up to date or as clever as you.
    If you are referring to Red Fraggle's signature, it's unclear exactly what it refers to, but it's not aimed at anyone specific or intended to offend.

However, I'd respectfully point out that your quoted post makes assumptions about older people which some could find offensive.
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    I'd agree with Dave on that one - some people might/probably do refer to me as a "pensioner" - but I certainly don't think of myself as one just because that's where my income comes from.

Coming from where I do - I'd hope I am still pretty up-to-date...
  • anselld
    anselld Posts: 8,282 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I did download the title deeds and it came up under my address.

Stop avoiding the question then! Who does the title deed say is the registered owner?

"It came up under my address" is meaningless.
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'd agree with Dave on that one - some people might/probably do refer to me as a "pensioner" - but I certainly don't think of myself as one just because that's where my income comes from..

Errr...I have no problem being referred to as a pensioner or being described as of pensionable age.

I only take issue with those who imply age is somehow an indicator of one's mental capacity or understanding in any field of knowledge.

Anyway, Alexa, my personal assistant, always knows what day of the week it is. ;)
  • 56runner
    Options
    I see your point and agree now I've thought about it.
  • 56runner
    Options
    Am going to sort title deed etc. out with solicitor. I will close this post now but am really grateful for all comments.
  • martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,218 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    At present this thread is not very useful but it could be if you gave a bit more info, OP. Leave it until it has been resolved by the solicitor if you like but please add some more about how the problem was resolved.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure