The Ticket Factory - god awful site

Options
I wanted to book 2 tickets to see Pink at the NIA this October. I tried Ticketmaster but they were all sold out. I went to the NIA's website and they linked thru to The Ticket Factory. They had tickets available (why there and not Ticketmaster) for £35 each but I have not come across a worse ticketing website.

It was extremely slow and the page would just refresh on its own for some reason. When I tried to purchase them at the end I had to click "Buy Tickets" 3 times before it would go through, Just hope I haven't been charged 3 times!

First time I have used this site and it will probably be the last.

Comments

• Mum_of_3_3
    Mum_of_3_3 Posts: 658 Forumite
    Options
    The Ticket Factory is the NIA/NIC's own website, which is why they've probably still got some left.

I've always found their website really good & when you're booking a concert/event with lots of seats available you have more choice about where to sit than ticketmaster or seetickets etc gives you.

Maybe the website is just having an off day :confused:

If you are prepared to use it again it's sometimes a good place to look for sold-out events!

M_o_3

PS If you phone the box office number there, the people on the end of the line are normally fantastically helpful, which may be a better way to go if you really don't want to return to the site ;)
  • cifpower
    cifpower Posts: 6,502 Forumite
    Options
    Maybe it was a bad day - for both the site and me! :D

At least I got 2 tickets and that is somebody's birthday in October sorted
  • k1rkyc
    k1rkyc Posts: 234 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I find it quite slow but think it's a great site - I managed to get 3rd row seats for Tina Turner next week and only bought them 2 weeks ago!!
  • kouyate
    kouyate Posts: 41 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all
    I've been trying to get onto the ticketfactory site all day, and there site just will not load. I've phoned them and they say they have no reported problems with the site, so what the deuss is going on then!! I want to buy tickets for Disney on Ice and just as cifpower says, ticketmaster have none available. Guess i'm gonna gave to spend the cost of a another phone call and ring ticketfactory to buy my tickets instead of doing it free online!!
  • cifpower
    Options
    Have you tried using a different browser?
  • kouyate
    edited 17 April 2009 at 7:30AM
    Options
    Hey cifpower, ok we're getting technical here lol, how would i do that, would it mean installing something else??

Mmmmm strangley enough just tried something, thought i would try using a different search engine, so typed yahoo into google, that won't load, try typing msn into google and that won't load either!!!
  • cifpower
    Options
    If you use Internet Explorer try downloading Firefox and try that
  • kouyate
    Options
    Hi Cif
    Well thankyou so much for your suggestion, i downloaded Firfox and now i can view ticketfactory as well as yahoo, and msn, most peculiar!!! Anyhoo, gona have a look for my tickets now, so i'll report back on what i think of the site.
    Once again thanx for your help
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport