Clearscore Madness again.

Options
Hi,

Not the first time I post about clearscore. Today I had a notification of "new report being available". My score has dropped by 100 points. I have recently registered on the electoral roll and experian have a good record of this. Credit Club show all the correct information etc, but for reasons unknwon on clearscore not only the score has dropped through the floor, it seems to have registered a change in address only to revert back to the address I have been trying to update for so long, which in turn, I believe would have double hit the score drop.

I know people say, don't worry its just a number, but I am worried because now that I'm on the electoral roll, my accounts are registed to the address I actually live at, I am not seeing an increase but a massive hit in my "number". Naturally, I pay my credit card in full and in good time and all bills are direct debet out on time.

Why is this happening to me! Should I be expecting a massive fall in "score" on the Experian side of things next month as well :(:(:(

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    By the by - ignore the score given from all CRA's.

Raise a dispute with Clearscore to check your ER status
  • Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 15 October 2018 at 4:48PM
    Options
    Check your credit report with Clearscore's parent company Equifax. It's free and it will show you exactly what is happening with your Equifax/Clearscore report (re your address history). If the data is correct on Equifax but wrong on Clearscore, then you can ignore the Clearscore errors...

https://www.equifax.co.uk/Products/credit/statutory-report.html
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,925 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    As long as the credit history (bank accounts/credit cards etc) are correct do not worry about the score.

Mine dropped when I moved flat.

It dropped again when I paid a debt off.

It dropped again when I took out a credit card.
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I gave up on clearscore a long time ago. The other day I was reading that someone with a clearscore of 420 got a mortgage, and someone with a clearscore of 530 got turned down for a sub prime card,
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hence the reason the scores are not be ignored.

Just make sure the data on there is correct
  • Fred_Lewis
    Options
    That is part of my concern. I have done a lot of information updating but they seem to have done address linking a bit strange. On paper it looks like I moved out moved in somewhere else and moved back out again to the place where I was living at in Point A all within a spade of a month. Where in actual fact I moved house updated all details (address with banks etc) and registered myself in electoral roll at the new place. I honestly don't know where they get their info from.
  • jimbo26
    jimbo26 Posts: 954 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Why do so many people spend so much of their life fretting over a score, that is irrelevant??
  • jimbo26
    Options
    Don't worry Fred, when the clocks go back it'll go up.
  • Shakin_Steve
    Shakin_Steve Posts: 2,701 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I find ClearScore to be very basic. I stopped using it when I registered with MSE.
    I came into this world with nothing and I've got most of it left.
  • jimbo26
    Options
    I find ClearScore to be very basic. I stopped using it when I registered with MSE.

I find all the scores pointless, but use MSE and Clearscore to keep tabs on what the CRA's are reporting.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure