Interactive Investor to roll out ‘Netflix pricing’

Options

Comments

• triplea35
    triplea35 Posts: 339 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    tg99 wrote: »
    Got my notification of the price increase from 1 June today. Are they going to take a £15 payment in early June to cover April/May (i.e. two months of existing £22.50 per quarter rate) and then the first £9.99 per month fee (if you are on the core plan) will be collected in early July (to cover June) and so on?

I believe the payments are made in advance. If made a payment in April, £7.50 refund in June, and if paid in May a £15 refund in June.

Economics link above very useful!
  • tg99
    tg99 Posts: 1,199 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Economic wrote: »
    What will happen to my existing free credit that I haven’t used yet?

Your existing free credit will stay on your Plan until 31 December 2019. If it is not used, after this date it will expire. You can see your unused credits at any time online (on your account overview page, and you can click ‘Credits overview’ for a more detailed breakdown).
    https://www.ii.co.uk/service-plans/investor/faqs#18

Wonder if they will allow you to select which credits to use or try and default you to use the existing free credit (from the old plan) first even though it will have a later expiry date than the first few months of £7.99 monthly credits received under the new plan.
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,277 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    tg99 wrote: »
    Wonder if they will allow you to select which credits to use or try and default you to use the existing free credit (from the old plan) first even though it will have a later expiry date than the first few months of £7.99 monthly credits received under the new plan.
    They will almost certainly use the credits in the order they were received.
  • Notsop
    Notsop Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    Have 5k in an ii isa in vls80. Time to move it over to vanguard itself I think, and top up there when moved.

There comes a time when pricing policy drives away customers
  • Sean473
    Sean473 Posts: 88 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Notsop wrote: »
    Have 5k in an ii isa in vls80. Time to move it over to vanguard itself I think, and top up there when moved.

There comes a time when pricing policy drives away customers

You should have moved it ages ago... Vanguard would have been way cheaper with such a small amount.. Do it ASAP :)
  • DiamondLil
    DiamondLil Posts: 651 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I received the II charges email yesterday. So mine and husband's combined charges have risen from £80 per year to £240 over the five years since we transferred in.

Now looking at iweb and Halifax Sharedealing as cheaper alternatives.
    Am I missing something with iweb ? Just a one-off fee of £25 and no further costs other than a maximum £5 dealing fee ?

Apologies if I'm being particularly thick.
  • aroominyork
    aroominyork Posts: 2,827 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I just asked ii whether they can take fees from the balance on my accounts in future, instead of by direct debit. They can, but only from my ISA and not from SIPP. If they could take it from SIPP there would be a tax benefit but taking it from ISA causes a tax loss, so I'll leave it as direct debit.
  • cattie
    cattie Posts: 8,841 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    DiamondLil wrote: »
    Now looking at iweb and Halifax Sharedealing as cheaper alternatives.
    Am I missing something with iweb ? Just a one-off fee of £25 and no further costs other than a maximum £5 dealing fee ?

Apologies if I'm being particularly thick.

I understand those are the only fees iweb currently charge apart from any ongoing service charges to fund managers. My transfer is underway & to give iweb their due, they send me text messages keeping me updated as to what stage things are at.
    The bigger the bargain, the better I feel.

I should mention that there's only one of me, don't confuse me with others of the same name.
  • aroominyork
    aroominyork Posts: 2,827 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 17 April 2019 at 4:36PM
    Options
    If you move on ii's Funds plan it works out cheaper than the current £22.50 pq if you make 17+ trades a year and don't let the trading credits lapse. I have ten funds/ITs with them, so if I add funds twice a year and do some rebalancing or change the funds I hold, it might work out cheaper. However the current non-expiring trading credits max of £90 (which makes nine trades) is changing to a three month expiry period which brings down the max credits you can hold to £24 (six trades).

PS. 17 fund trades is also the point where it works out cheaper to be on Funds Fan than Investor. For fewer than 17 Investor works out cheaper.
  • JohnRo
    JohnRo Posts: 2,887 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You're conflating cheaper with economic.

Making more trades than you would otherwise to get the most out of a more expensive option isn't 'cheaper'
    'We don't need to be smarter than the rest; we need to be more disciplined than the rest.' - WB
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure