Lucy's DFW Spending Diet.

Options

Comments

• Lucy1982_2
    Lucy1982_2 Posts: 4,611 Forumite
    Options
    Evening all.

Right back from work and everything is sorted. I've just had to pay out for my car tax :mad: if only I could afford to buy a new car with only £35 car tax..... just said good bye to £125.

Still at least it's done.

I've had an enquiry on a book I'm selling on Amazon, so hopefully that will go and I am going to try and list loads on Ebay.

I have £200 left in my account and I get paid on the last day of the month. So I am going to try and make that last and then I'll be able to put some away into savings and try to build up an amount where I can pay a lump of my loan.

Does anyone have any advice on what sells really well on ebay?
    Current debt - £16,300 :(
    Debt at worst 17/03/2011 - £18,067.62:eek::eek:
    :ANot going anywhere else, ever again :A
  • Lucy1982_2
    Options
    Oh and today I paid another £284 off my loan...

Slowly but surely.
  • Lucy1982_2
    Options
    Morning all.

I need to make a decision on what I am going to do today. Do I use my NT membership and have a free day trip (well I have a tank of fuel) and then go food shopping later (Mum's going away and is leaving me the money)

OR

Do I going food shopping today and go somewhere tomorrow??

The Weather here is meant to be ok today and tomorrow and wet on Monday, so I figure I can do my house worky type things then. And after watching Gok last night I'm going to go through my wardrobe work out what I don't wear and Ebay it!! It's about time I had a clear out, anything that doesn't sell can go to charity.

Bascially I am going to try and have a busy, productive and yet enjoyable long weekend.

I'll let you know what I decide to do and I will try and post some piccies.

x
  • tigzem
    tigzem Posts: 2,361 Forumite
    Options
    Welcome back Lucy... though of you this week as we went on hols to Newquay and drove down the A303, saw signs for Wincanton, always makes me think of you.

Sorry to hear about your Aunt, I lost my beloved Aunt 3yrs ago to lung cancer, so know how you feel (((HUGS)))

I too saw your comment on FB but wasn't sure if you'd remember me either!

I have also started a new diary, but haven't updated it yet.... :o too much sun on hols...... lol

Oh and that guy at your work winning £10.7m...jammy !!!!!!!! x
    "Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little." Edmund Burke
  • Lucy1982_2
    Options
    Evening!

Well had a very good day, sun burnt :o, tried and been in the sun a little to long. But chilled and relaxed now. :T

Ended up heading out to some national trust properties and abused my membership a little, Kingston Lacy was beautiful and then I headed down to Corfe Castle which is always stunning and it's been ages since I've been there.

Tigz.... If only I'd won it, the chances of a £10 million win hitting the same company twice... Zero :rolleyes:

Chuffed that I'd have a relatively cheap day out, ok there was petrol and I purchase a drink and maybe a couple of ice creams, but no entry fees :j So I saved about £17.00 :money:

Plan for tomorrow, lie in... then food shopping and some housework. I want to get my washing done while the weather is so nice.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,542 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Have a happy Sunday :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options
    Lucy1982 wrote: »
    Ended up heading out to some national trust properties and abused my membership a little, Kingston Lacy was beautiful and then I headed down to Corfe Castle which is always stunning and it's been ages since I've been there.

Ok...so how do you abuse your membership?
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • Lucy1982_2
    Options
    Oh you know there are ways Z :rotfl::p

But I've just sold another book on Amazon, which will be £12.05 on it's way to me and there is already £5 something in the bank transfer ether heading to my account.

Every little helps ;)

Nice stressful day at work, SO glad to be back :rotfl:
  • Lucy1982_2
    Options
    Evening all.

Feeling a little low today for some reason. I can't seem to diet and I feel really lonely.

Still it looks like I was paid for the day off sick I had, but I will keep an eye out next pay day. I have loads of housework to do but I can't be bothered.

Off to see my Aunt at the weekend, which will be nice. Just a bit worried about her I guess.
  • Lucy1982_2
    Options
    Evening all.

Have managed to hoover the whole house, clean to kitchen/living room and water the garden since I've been home. Oh and I've ironed everything for tomorrow to.

Nice early start in the morning getting up at 5am to be on the road by about 6/6.30am to drive to Telford and back by 4pm when I'm having my hair cut.

Nice cheap day today, which is good and my pay went in. Hair will cost £10 which is a bargin in my opinion and Mum is going to help with the petrol tomorrow.

Anyway the sun is shining and all is good with the world

xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts