Amex shop small back

Options
joe134
joe134 Posts: 3,336 Forumite
Hi Guys just had e mail from Amex, shop small is back from 3rd Dec to 18th, spend £10 get £5 back?
I have saved to my main card, but cannot recall how to save to wife's, , both platinum?
You used to register the cards before, but save to card now.
Any advice welcome.
Also,has anyone had e mail?
Does mbna apply to this promo this time?:beer:

Comments

• stevenhp1987
    stevenhp1987 Posts: 907 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 1 November 2016 at 9:05PM
    Options
    MBNA / Barclaycard / Lloyds link: https://offerenroll.americanexpress.com/enroll/EnrollmentSitePage?offer=99313ShopSmall

Don't Amex issued supplementary card users have an Amex login where they can save to card?

I used to have an Amex issued card and my partner's supplementary card was linked to her own login (she could only see her own transactions, nothing else).

Edit: Yes, they can create their own account:

"Yes Supplementary Cardmembers can participate in Shop Small. They simply need to create an Online Account (if they haven't already done so) and then register their Card for the offer. Please note that the offer is linked to the Card not to the Account, so every Supplementary Cardmember must follow these steps." https://www.amexshopsmall.co.uk/shop-small-for-shoppers/faqs/
  • joe134
    edited 2 November 2016 at 9:38AM
    Options
    MBNA / Barclaycard / Lloyds link: https://offerenroll.americanexpress.com/enroll/EnrollmentSitePage?offer=99313ShopSmall

Don't Amex issued supplementary card users have an Amex login where they can save to card?

I used to have an Amex issued card and my partner's supplementary card was linked to her own login (she could only see her own transactions, nothing else).

"Yes Supplementary Cardmembers can participate in Shop Small. They simply need to create an Online Account (if they haven't already done so) and then register their Card for the offer. Please note that the offer is linked to the Card not to the Account, so every Supplementary Cardmember must follow these steps." https://www.amexshopsmall.co.uk/shop-small-for-shoppers/faqs/
    Thanks Steven.
    I will have to set up online banking for OH? .
    In the past, there was no need as you could just register any amex card for Shopsmall, and supplementary ones too.Never use the Plats, ( except for this), always use Mbna, which only one card can be registered, as the card numbers are the same, unlike plats;.

Just registered MBNA, ok and received confirmation e-mail.

Trying to set up online a/c for wifes card,using your second link is proving difficult.
    as it says it is already registered when trying to register a new online A/c? obviously when I opened the A/c years ago.?but. I only did one online set up, in my name,it's a joint a/c.?
    So saving to her card is not possible via this, without finding a way to set up online for her somehow?.

Done wifes using your first enrolment link, ok,and had confirmation e-mail, same as the other two.
    See what happens when I come to use them. Had no problems in the past.
    where did you get the enrolment link from, for future reference?
    Cheers
  • Roger1
    Roger1 Posts: 1,603 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
  • joe134
    Options
    Roger1 wrote: »
    thanks Roger, I used that to register my mbna.:beer:
  • Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The problem is that Shop Small supports small local businesses and that's a good thing. But my problem is that I wouldn't buy from the local business which are supporting Shop Small. Perhaps only a bicycle shop but I don't really need anything for my bicycle.
  • MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,645 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    there are loads of restaurants and takeaways near me that are participating. last time I only managed to use for the paper bill but the list seems more varied this time
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • PeacefulWaters
    Options
    Pubs, chippys, restaurants and even newsagents are all perfect for this.
  • FluroFrancis
    Options

oh wow so this works with Barclaycard Amex cards then yeah?
    when it says one credit per business is that once per business per account or once per business per cardholder?
  • stevenhp1987
    Options
    oh wow so this works with Barclaycard Amex cards then yeah?
    when it says one credit per business is that once per business per account or once per business per cardholder?

yes, it works with Barclaycard Amex (mine is registered).

It's once per business (as listed on the map) per card. If you have an additional cardholder (with different card number), both can be registered. Useful for restaurants as you can split the bill!

You can shop at an unlimited number of businesses.

We use it yearly to eat out for a few days at new restaurants in the area by doing this.
  • pfpf
    pfpf Posts: 4,954 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    not wanting to sound negative but is it only businesses on the map?
    there is literally nothing I could use this offer for if so.
    do businesses get added nearer the time?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure