Another Car Insurance Query

Options
Hi all,

My partner had a salary sacrifice car through her work which was written off in an accident after 12 months. She was not the driver, I was, and fault doesn't appear to have been agreed yet. I've informed my insurance company etc and paid the excess, so it would appear that all has been dealt with regarding that car.

My question is, when she buys a new car for herself, and does searches for insurance, the comparison sites just ask if the driver has had any accidents/made any claims. Am I right in assuming she would just put an Accident - Not at Fault claim in or have I got this wrong?

Not really sure how to proceed on this one.

ETA// This was her first car so she doesn't have any NCB to worry about.
Comp wins: Masters Cup tickets

Comments

• keith1950
    keith1950 Posts: 2,597 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    If I am reading your post correctly she would put that she has not had an accident but has had a claim .
    Before she put 'no fault' she should ensure that the other party had paid for the repair and not her own insurance.
    If she had claimed off her own insurance and you have paid the excess then it would appear to be an 'at fault' claim.
    If you are going on the new insurance as a named driver you would tell them that you had an accident.
  • *Adam*
    *Adam* Posts: 89 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I would not be going on the insurance, just her.

The insurance was through the lease company, they paid the premiums and arranged it all - she just paid the lease company. AFAIK she was a named driver on their policy with me as a Domestic Partner.

Lease insurance is bloody confusing!
    Comp wins: Masters Cup tickets
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family