IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Help with PE - 2nd LBCCC

Options

Comments

• newholme30
    Options
    Response to landholder drafted and ready to send. Also found an email for them so will send via that too.

Your PMs are full again! :)
  • zzzLazyDaisy
    zzzLazyDaisy Posts: 12,497 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Have cleared a space - be quick as I keep it nearly full deliberately, as I can't deal with the string of requests for offline help by random newbies :o
    I'm a retired employment solicitor. Hopefully some of my comments might be useful, but they are only my opinion and not intended as legal advice.
  • newholme30
    Options
    Thanks so much - feel very much like a random newbie!
  • newholme30
    newholme30 Posts: 92 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 25 September 2013 at 4:35PM
    Options
    Tried to PM but you are full; very fast response......

Am having a hard time to resist grinning ear to ear, not wanting to count chickens and all that!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Have cleared a space - be quick as I keep it nearly full deliberately, as I can't deal with the string of requests for offline help by random newbies :o

Same - but you and I both have good reason. Too much on our plates to deal with pm's.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • newholme30
    Options
    So, thanks to the assistance of this forum and a particularly special thanks to a certain retired solicitor. After complaining to the landholder of the car park, they have confirmed they will be speaking to PE to cancel this charge.

I will post further information once I have formal confirmation from PE that the charge is cancelled.

Once again thanks to all the help recieved, my faith in human nature is restored and that by standing firm it is possible to deal with these parking bandits.

Cheers
    :beer:
  • zzzLazyDaisy
    edited 27 September 2013 at 3:36PM
    Options

Well done! Once you have written confirmation of cancellation from PE, do come back and reveal the location of the car park, how we think the issue occurred in the first place, and the identity and contact details of the very nice man who kindly helped you out with this little problem.

You will then be given your very own place in Coupon's Hall of Fame :j
    I'm a retired employment solicitor. Hopefully some of my comments might be useful, but they are only my opinion and not intended as legal advice.
  • newholme30
    Options
    And there I was thinking I'd be drafting letters all weekend!

I will certainly be passing on my lessons learned :D

:j
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 27 September 2013 at 9:08PM
    Options
    newholme30 wrote: »
    So, thanks to the assistance of this forum and a particularly special thanks to a certain retired solicitor. After complaining to the landholder of the car park, they have confirmed they will be speaking to PE to cancel this charge.

I will post further information once I have formal confirmation from PE that the charge is cancelled.

Once again thanks to all the help recieved, my faith in human nature is restored and that by standing firm it is possible to deal with these parking bandits.

Cheers

Well done, keep grinning about your success!

I have linked your thread on the Hall of Fame sticky thread at the top of the forum, to show other newbies how to get these astonishing scam fake PCN cancelled by complaining to the PPCs' clients who own the car park:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4766249

Could you add a little more detail in due course such as the name of the Retail Park if you don't mind, and who the landholder is? People like to read about cases just like their own and find it hard to know who to complain to sometimes. Wait until you get PE's letter first, maybe.

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • zzzLazyDaisy
    Options

Well done! Once you have written confirmation of cancellation from PE, do come back and reveal the location of the car park, how we think the issue occurred in the first place, and the identity and contact details of the very nice man who kindly helped you out with this little problem.

I see from your other thread that you have still not received written confirmation of cancellation from PE.

PE have been known to issue proceedings on a number of occasions despite the landowner instructing them to cancel (letters go astray all the time in PE land).

Also PE has started issuing court proceedings where the LBCCC correspondence has gone quiet.

So do:

1 write back to Nick Briant, refering to his earlier e-mail, thank him for his assistance so far, tell him that despite his assurances PE has not cancelled the charge, tell him they are threatening court proceedings and you are very worried about this, and ask him for his assistance in getting this charge cancelled once and for all

2 In the meantime, don't let the LBCCC ball drop either (PE has started issuing court proceedings where the LBCCC correspondence has gone quiet).

So I suggest that you send a letter along the following lines

PE LTD
    LEGAL DEPARTMENT
    ADDRESS

DATE

Dear Sirs

PCN Number xxxx
    Vehicle Registration Number xxxx

I refer to the Letter Before County Court Claim served on behalf of your company on [insert date], and to subsequent correspondence.

On [date] I was informed by Mr N Briant, of Britannic Industries, that your company had been instructed to cancel this charge. This was some three weeks ago and I have still heard nothing from you. In the circumstances I should be grateful if you would now give this matter your urgent attention and confirm that the charge has been cancelled.

I look forward to hearing from you by return.

Yours faithfully

PRINT NAME
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure